Chapter 7

Mama Joyce

Mike's alarm rang and he told me we needed to get ready for work, we got up and showered and left it was nice almost like a married couple I couldn't stop smiling ...

Today is exactly 4 years since my mothers passing I had forgotten only because I feel like crap every year, but today I woke up in the arms of an amazing man I hope it's better.

I got about 16 missed calls Mr. Knox was my mom's colleague every year they did something for her so this year was dinner, the funds were used to help young women I always donated though but I never went it's the 4 th one this year and I'm missing it ye again I just don't know when I'll have the strength to join them.

I called him back and told him I'm busy at work and he sounded disappointed I felt a bit bad but I quickly asked him to take care and had to hang up ... my day was okay it was long  too long Mike came by "my place or yours?" Smiling I told him I needed to be at my place because of something and he can stay at his place.

He frowned and I said he can come .... the day was finished finally and  Zoe went home with me I had a small corner where I have my moms picture and a candle I'd pray for her and just talk to her especially her "death anniversary" after we had our moment she left and Mike came in and asked what's wrong.

I told him everything and he said sorry and hugged me, but every time I try to tell him how my mom and I were close and how we would have fun, he changed the topic
"So you're gonna pretend I'm not talking about her?"
Mike looked confused
"every time I mention her you don't say anything"
he came to me and held me as I cried

Just like that, we had our first fight ....he came to me and held me as I cried
" I'm sorry baby your mom was amazing I'm just sad that I didn't meet her, I love you okay"

He said the 3 magic words so I guess he actually meant it...

I couldn't speak at this point so he told me to go upstairs and rest I don't know when I slept but he held me the whole night and it actually felt amazing ...

The next day was better we had a busy day as usual ... I've been feeling sick so I took 3 pregnancy tests I didn't want to alarm Mike so I just wanted to see for myself first "Negative" the test results...I threw the tests away hiding them with plastic bags so no one sees them...

Honestly, I was hurt I know Its silly but I was hoping Mike Junior was here, but I needed to get over that because I had lives to save...