chapter 1

Asher's POV

"The result show that you both can give birth, everything is normal" the clan doctor said. Making me internally groan, I don't want to have a child with her. Now she is going to make us try even more, now that she has confirmed that we both don't have any problems.

"But we have been trying for two years, why did it not work" my future wife Elena asked with worry in her voice. She loves me so much that she thinks if she gave me a child I would love her too, but ever since she asked her father Albert to help her force me into this marriage knowing sure well if I defy the clan leader I would be killed, made me hate her so much.

She is short at the height of 5'7 with ocean blue eyes with her pale skin just like all vampires. She has blond hair that she has in a tight ponytail, she is wearing her high waisted blue jeans with a long sleeved crop top and black snicker shoes. She was my friend for years, she used to tell me she liked me and I kept telling her I don't, but her telling the clan leader who loves her to death was a low blow.

"I don't know why, your both true bloods and young, you should have been able to give birth on the first night of you sleeping together, but don't lose hope keep trying" the Clan doctor whose name I don't know said while getting up, leaving me with this bitch that I will have to marry in three months.

What the doctor said made me think, there has never been a vampire with true blood and young like the both of us to have sex and not get pregnant the first night. This is weird, don't get me wrong I don't want a kid with her but this is really freaking me out a little.

"We have to try more this time Asher, I want us to become pregnant before the wedding so that I can announce it on our big day" Elena said with big dreamy eyes that would have made any man happy to see her really want a kid with them, but to me it just makes me angry and all this wedding talk is getting on my nerves.

"All I want is to get all of this over with" I replied and I saw her become teary. I hate making her sad but that is what you get for forcing a man to be with you yet he has said no over and over again.

I gave her one last look before I got up leaving the room and slamming the door behind me. I walked out of the clan hospital, getting into my car and driving off. Leaving Elena behind 'she will find her way home'.

Am so mad and the only place that could cool me off is that lake surrounded by flowers. I go there alot but it is not fun anymore ever since he stopped coming, I miss him so much because he used to make me happy with his lovely face and those amazing dark green forest eyes, I miss our conversations.

I park my car before making my way into the forest, walking slowly while taking in the fresh air that the trees are giving off, when I reach I use the small passage and get to the small lake filled with so many memories no one could ever imagine.

I sit down on the rocks we used to sit on whenever we got each other wet, I think about how we used to play in that small lake, I was 150 years at the time but he made me feel like am a kid and when ever he called me old man, it made me both happy and sad that am way too old.

I never told him my age, I was always embarrassed because he was only 12 years old at the time, I wonder how he looks like with his dark forest green eyes that made me lose all my thinking Everytime I looked into them. I start feeling tears falling from my eyes, ever since I lost him I feel like I lost a part of myself. Is it weird I fell in love with him.

I knew something was off that day but I didn't know what, I wish I pressured him more for him to tell me, I wish I pushed the truth out of him, but I feared that if I pushed so much it will make him mad but I smelled fear from him. I don't know what happened to make him so terrified because he was okay before he left the water.