the time Jervis was mistaken for a moth

Jarvis shuffled back to his rented apartment after another show at the sirens club. He'd tried to ring Y/N in advance but they didn't pick up which worried him.

Upon opening the door , Jervis was greeted by the darkness "catapiler" he called out in hopes that his child would call back. Y/N didn't call back so he sighed and walked further into the apartment.

Jarvis swished his long cloak as he turned on a few lights in the small rooms as he passed "Y/N" he called again but no reply.

With a final sigh , Jervis continued into the apartment's living room. Unbeknownst to him , Y/N was asleep in their father's chair while they waited for him to get home.

Jervis knelt down to untie his shoes just as Y/N was waking up due to the amount of light that suddenly entered the room. The open window had made a small breeze come into the room.

Because of how dark it was and the lack of sleep , the young Tetch thought a moth had entered the room. Their father's cape had crept into the light and was flapping slightly in the breeze from the open window.

Without giving a second glance, Y/N rolled up the closes newspaper , stalked over to the 'moth' and brought the rolled newspaper down hard.

Jervis fell to the ground clutching his shoulder in shock. He looked up to see his child ,newspaper in hand with the same shocked expression "Y/N Tetch , could you please explain why you have hurt me , child" Jervis locked eyes with a still shocked Y/N.

Y/N thought about how they would respond to such a question but Jervis had always said to be honest "I mistook you for a moth father" saying it out loud made the whole situation seem worse.

Jervis let out a shrill laugh "of course you did catapiler" he took the newspaper out of their grasp and pulled his hat off "I think it's time we go to bed, don't you?" He rubbed Y/N's shoulder as he took them to bed.