At first, Xànder tried to ignore her presence, but her advances soon started bothering him a little too much. If his mother thinks this lady is somewhat a shimmering furbished gemstone, to him she's nothing but a cheap plastic rhinestone.

"Hey, Xànde--"

"I refuse to let any person whom i don't share any connection with, to call me by my first name. So it's either you to talk to me formally, or don't talk to me at all."

"Oh? But don't you think it's only appropriate to start cutting the formalities since we're being paired?"

"Who told you we're being paired?" He gave his mother a look, which she responded with a warning glare. Though both women in the table are tensed because of Xànder, Milliard seemed to be having a good time observing. "You can start giving up that dream since i will not even consider even befriending you. Disgusting, fucking leech."

"Excuse me? Wha--"

"I don't know if you're just a little empty in the head but if you really can't understand, you can call this a rejection. You may leave, and never show me your face again."

Since there was a guest, most of the maids and helpers we're in the room ready to serve. Xànder's voice was loud and well-projected as well. It wasn't his intention to shame, but he didn't regret anything he did.

"She's bluntly flirting, too. How come she's the only one allowed to be straightforward?" He rolled his eyes. "You wanted me to start seeing that parasite? Raise your standards."

"My standards were high, that's why i picked her of all people!" She wanted to pop off and just explode, but she knew she's also to be blame why he grew up like this. "Why do you keep acting like this? You're no longer a teen! And i'm doing this only for you!"

"I didn't ask you to do anything for me. I don't need any of this. I don't need you." Those words pierced through Mrs Leblanc's heart, so hard that she shed a tear. Though, what broke her down is when Xànder stood up and started walking away. Though, before he exits the lattice;

"No, if you want me to stop looking out for you, then act like your age and be responsible enough--"

"Being responsible isn't about dating and starting relationships. I know that to you, i'm just a lost wreck who can't move forward from their beloved's death, but you're wrong. I'm more than that." He said, glancing back at her, then on Milliard. "You don't even know me that well, you just rely on what people say about me. What a great mother you are."

Milliard felt uncomfortable witnessing that. She pity the poor woman for being treated poorly but seeing his cousin like this made him feel a sensation of triumph. It only ignited more when Xànder walked out.

"I know that i'm probably just a hitch here and my opinion doesn't mean anything but maybe inviting a colleague out of the blue was a little over the line." Milliard mumbles, constantly sipping his iced tea on a wine glass. "He needs a handful of work on that attitude."

"How am I supposed to know when i'm pushing too hard?" She sighed, glancing on the table gloomily. "He changed so much after that incident. I hardly know him these days."

"Maybe take it easy on him, yeah?" Milliard shrugged, pushing his chair back to stand up. "I don't know, but nothing can't be solve by motherly love, am I right?"