Chapter 14: The Aftermath Pt. 2

Recap:

When I got to the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror again, but this time I recognized this girl. I recognized this girl entirely. She was the girl that suffered through everything with me these last eighteen years. She was the girl who was never good enough. She was the girl who didn't have any fight left in her. I don't want to fight anymore...

I rumage through my bookbag to find the prescribed pills I carried around for my migraines. I didn't want to feel anything, there was no point in trying to, because it all just went to shit.

This is it.

I grabbed my water bottle from my bag as well then started chugging the pills. I was determined to fix what I'd fucked up, and asit turned out, I'd just about fucked up everything. When the pills were gone, I sat down with my back leaning up against one of the stalls. Now, all I have to do is wait.

Eventually my eyes shut, with tears still pouring out of my eyes. The last thing I remember before everything went black was someone screaming my name as the bathroom door opened.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mariana's POV:

I sat in the hospital waiting room for what seemed like hours. I couldn't believe that my best fucking friend tried to commit suicide. Why the hell would she even think of doing that?! When I saw her there passing out on the bathroom floor, I didn't know what to do. I just started screaming her name trying to wake her up, until one of the teachers heard me and called 911. Mia had always been stronger than that, I knew she was stronger than that, but what had driven her to do something so...selfish? She wasn't that type of person. She wasn't that type of girl.

She's fucking Mia Clarke!

I knew she hated being pushed around so much, but she always just laughed it off, shrugged it off, made it seem like it was no big deal. When I could I'd intervene, like with that Natalie girl, even though Mia swore up and down that it wasn't like that. What was I to think? She needed protecting sometimes too right?

When she really needed protecting, I wasn't even there. Some friend I am.

I started pacing slowly, wondering where the hell Mia's parents were, and when the doctors would get out here and tell me what was going to happen to my best friend. What type of fucking hospital is this!?

When I'd found Mia passing out on the girls' bathroom floor with a bottle of migrain pills completely empty falling out of her hand, there were tears streaming down her face. As they began to strap Mia down onto the gurney the tears hadn't stopped. They refused to cease. How could that much pain go unnoticed by me? By her fucking family? I couldn't stop shaking, I still haven't stopped shaking.

I looked to the corner of the waiting room and stared at Natalie for a moment. She hadn't let me leave the school without her. At that point I was passed caring, I just needed to get to Mia, and she was causing too much distraction. I told her to get her ass in my car and shut the hell up.

I could see it in her eyes right now that she cared about Mia too. She cared so much that she hadn't stopped crying since I told her what'd happened. It was if Mia's pain had dropped onto her shoulders.

What the hell is going on here...

Just as I was about to walk over to Natalie and ask her what was up with her and Mia, the doctor I'd seen with Mia came into the room. I rushed over to him almost in a panic.

"Is she okay?" I asked frantically. "Is Mia okay? Where is she?"

He ignored all of my question like an asshole and asked "Where are her parents?"

I was boiling, he seriously shouldn't have asked me that. It was like something in me snapped. I couldn't control what came out of my mouth, it was if I was spewing venom.

"Her parents aren't here! Do you see anyone in this room" I guestured around me, "more concerned about her well-being than me?!" He looked astounded that I was speaking to him in that manner but I didn't care. "She's fucking eighteen! She's doesn't even need her parents! Tell me what the fuck is going on with Mia Clarke! Now!"

I knew everyone in the room was staring at me, but who cares? They'd do it for someone in their family, someone they cared for. Mia was family. No one was going to stop me from being there for her.

I hadn't noticed Natalie stand next to me, but when she spoke, I almost started to like her.

"Look," she said, "I don't know what you thought you were doing, coming out and here and not giving us any fucking answers, but if you don't tell us if she's okay and where her room is, a lot" she emphasized the words "more havoc is gonna break loose in this waiting room."

I looked at her. She had the same look on her face that I knew I had. She was angry. She knew Mia's parents would've been here already if they were coming. She knew that I would punch this guy's lights out, and I don't doubt she'd do the same, if he didn't tell me where my best friend was.

The doctor, Dr. Richards, stared at us for a moment, his lips set in a tight line. Then he sighed, deep and heavy.

"This way," he said tuning on his heel and leading us out of the waiting room. I'd honestly thought he'd call security or something, but I'm glad he knew better. My mom's a cop and he really didn't want to fuck with me on this.

The room wasn't a far distance after we got on the elevator and went to the second floor. Dr. Richards stopped at room 821C and gestured that we could go in.

As we passed all he said was "Be gentle with her."

Ha. Gentle my ass.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is a short chapter, but it gives you taste for the kind of friend Mariana is, the best kind. Aha.

Oh and Merry Christmas. ^.^

- August Kvng