Chapter 7: Sunset Pt 2

• Dedicated to Ingrid Navarrete

Natalie's POV:

We were heading out to the soccer fields, the absolute last place I thought Mia would actually have friends. She definitely didn't look like the soccer type. She was a bit muscular, but not really super athletic looking, so I just figured she'd have more bookworm friends. I feel as though that assumption isn't technically rude, I told myself, I mean I barely know the girl. 

"Alright so, you're gonna meet Josh, he's super country, he's super loveable, and he's super huge." Mia informed me. "I mean he's like a huge muscular polar bear." 

"Polar bear?"

"Well yea," she laughed, "because he's white."

I shook my head at her, and smiled turning to look out of the window, while Mia tried to find parking. There were so many people out here today. I'm not actually all that social when I'm first meeting people. I knew my face would scream "don't fuck with me" but really, I just didn't know how to interact with people I didn't know. Mia was different though, for some reason she wanted to do whatever I wanted, I had to actually stop her sometimes. 

On the way here she asked me if I was hungry at least four times. Eventually I snapped at her and told her to stop asking the same damn questions over and over. She always needed to know what I wanted, even when I didn't have a clue myself. It was annoying...but at the same time really sweet. It was kind of weird because she's gay though. I mean she is gay right?  I could very well be stereotyping, but at the same time, I was usually right with these things. 

Mia finally found a suitable parking spot to her standards, after about 10 extra minutes of driving around. Finalmente!

"Josh's game is suppose to be ending soon, but we'll catch the last little bit of it, I hope." Mia was saying as she parked the car. "Then we're taking him to lunch."

"Do you always do this?" I asked.

"No, I actually barely see him." she told me shrugging. "His parents are...not the nicest."

I stared at her in wonder. This girl actually looked hurt because of someone else's parents. A friend's parents of course are important, but to hell with them if they can't see the good in a person. Especially if she was implying it was over race. 

"Well, let's go cheer him on for a bit."

I surprised myself by taking ahold of her hand and dragging her in the direction of the soccer field she had indicated in the car. It didn't feel weird, or even in that way to me. To Mia on the other hand, it must've felt awkward, because she rushed to rip her hand free, then walked faster ahead of me. 

Yea, I need more friends. This girl is going to be the death of me.

                                                      ~*~

I watched the soccer game wishing that they would just hurry up and end it. I was seriously getting bored out of my mind at this point, I mean sure I knew the basics of a soccer game, but this was just not entertaining for me. 

I looked over at Mia. Okay, so it's not just me. She was yawning and looking at her watch periodically, except for when the ball was going towards Josh. 

Josh was the goalie. He was really as huge as she said, he had some serious arm muscle, and he was just wide, especially in his chest. He had some really curly brown hair and it flopped around in his face from time to time. He seemed pretty okay to me, I mean, I'm not into white boys, but he looked cool to chill with. His voice was deep as hell too, I didn't expect it to be so deep, but when he yelled at his team from the goal, my first thought was holy fuck.