Chapter 15 <I hate PDA>

Start from the beginning

"Probably watching Netflix till I lose my consciousness" I answer.

"Wrong" Aaron said half smirking. And I raised my eyebrow and was about to ask but he was first. "You are going with me to see the fireworks." He stated. Aaron never made plans for us. And it wasn't like he was firework guy more like race or boxing guy. Today was towns hundred birthday and in honor of that fireworks were being shot at midnight.

Without much thinking about it I agree. "Yea okay. I'll tell Riley and probably Jack will pick us up as usual." I made plan but somehow Aaron seemed to not like it. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

He tapped his index finger on the table. "I was meaning just you and me" he now looked a lot less confident that asking the first time. But still

Without trained eye you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

"Oh" I manage to blurt out. Was he asking me out? Had nothing to lose so who would it hurt to go for a friendly firework trip. Before my silence was too long I answer him "yea. Of course. Why not" I said nervous.

It seemed like his eyes lit up now. "Okay then. I'll pick you up at ten" he said and just like that he walked away.

So was it a date???

"Hey what were you two talking about?" Riley now said and sat beside me. She must have saw that I turned a little pale because this was too much to handle. "What happened?" She asked.

"I think Aaron asked me on a date"

I was getting ready for my 'date' I still didn't know if it was a date. Riley was freaking out now more than me.

"Ohmygod. This is exciting. I totally knew you two would go well together." She squealed in excitement.

"Stop. He didn't mention if it's a date."

"Yea okay. He is just trying to be friends. "She mocked me.

Something was off with Riley. She suddenly sat down and held her head in her hands.

"You okay?" I question worried and walked up to her.

"Oh yea my heads spinning a little" she said.

"You need some aspirin or water" I got up to go to kitchen for water but Riley stopped me.

"No don't. I'm just... I'm just on my period." She explained.

"Oh okay then." I say and she nods smiling, but something was still off.

"So anyways. How is getting ready for your drawing competition going?" I ask as I am putting my hair in a high messy Ponytail with few strands hanging lose.

She didn't answer right away. "I'm not competing." She said and that made me turn to her instantly.

"What? Why not?"

"I changed my mind." She said and looked at her feet.

"But you were so excited when you told me about it."

"Yea, but why do something if it doesn't make me happy" she said and looked at me, her eyes were now full of sadness.

''Riley I know it's not the reason. tell me'' I spoke to her but she shook her head. 

''I really don't want to talk about it, but I promise it's nothing important'' she said and smiled at me. 

I didn't push anything else on her. I mean if she doesn't want to then...

I was waiting for Aaron now to pick me up, Riley left hour ago. I was wearing black skinny jeans, high heel boots and a white blouse with leather jacket over it. Of course Riley picked out the outfit.