Chapter 3

ANDREW'S POV

I wake up early just to prepare
a breakfast for me and Andrei. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilan ang mapangiti sa bonding na ginawa namin kagabi.

FLASHBACK

"Oh come on, Drei. Free to speak up what happened to you in Singapore?" asar ko sa loko habang nililigpit itong snake
and ladder.

Natalo ko s'ya so he will confess to me everything he have done four years ago. That was the prize I want, because I won the game.

"I was really focused in studying to prove to our Dad that I can stand on my own. Sometimes,
I went to the bar to chill with my friends." sabi n'ya sabay inom ng tequila.

What the hell! He has a strong alcohol tolerance.

"And?" tanong ko sa kanya sabay dampot ng canned beer sa table.

"Well, I actually did part time jobs to sustain my needs and it was very hard."

Napatingin ako ng diretso sa mga mata n'ya.

"So you mean? You didn't get any money from Da--"

"I don't use his money, even he continuously transferred it from my bank accounts. Get it?" sabi n'ya at diretsong tumingin sa mga mata ko.

"Honestly, I didn't talk to Mom and Dad eversince. I leave here  because I don't want you to be involved in OUR problem. If you get involved, you'll suffer just like me. You know me right? Mataas ang pride ko when it comes to dragging and judging my future, just because I don't want to be the heir of that company." sabi n'ya sabay buntong hininga.

"And besides, I really wanted to apologize for leaving you alone here. I thought you can manage yourself because I know you. Honestly, mabigat din sa part ko ang desisyon na iyon but I need to, and I know you understand me right?"

Finally! Nasabi n'ya din sakin. Ayun lang naman talaga gusto
ko eh- ang malaman kung anong nangyari sa kanya makalipas ang ilang taon.

"If portraying you is the way for forgiveness, then I'll accept it." dagdag pa n'ya nang 'di ako nakapagsalita. Agad akong napatingin sa kanya.

"You're forgiven. Don't think that being me when I'm gone is the key for forgiveness. We're identical twins, meaning we have same look okay? I just need a copy cat. Understand?" angil ko sa loko. Napangiti s'ya.

"Okay." tipid na sagot nito sabay bato sakin ng green peas. Binato ko din s'ya. I really miss this!

"Hey stop!" awat ko na sa kanya dahil dadami ang kalat dito sa living room. Wala pa din siyang tigil sa pagbato kaya tumayo ako.

"Stop with the mess, Drei." pameywang na ani ko sa kanya.

He laughs kaya napailing ako.
Eto na, bumabalik na ang dating masiglang Andrei.

"What's the purpose of the maids? Display? Come on, they will clean it!" hirit n'ya sabay bato ulit ng green peas.

The hell! It hurts!