A delightful surprise [1]

I stared at the door as Uryu closed it behind him. The room was empty. My gaze shifted to the necklace on my chest. My fingers fiddled with the silver bracelet. I bit my lip, wondering why I had these feelings.

Surely, I don't like Nnoitra. Right?

My hand shook a little as it formed a fist around the accessory, "He really did something to me, didn't he?" I said under my breath as my lips quivered. I shook my head, "Why would I like a creepy tall Espada?" I laughed. But I quickly fell silent, biting my nails.

My eyebrows furrowed. Unsure if I was confused or irritated. My hands went to my face, "Why did he even give me this?" I asked, fiddling with the bracelet. Luppi's words echoed in my mind, he might have grown an attachment. I slowly looked up, realization washing over me.

He told me I was a distraction.

I jumped out of my skin when two figures came out from the floor. "Surprise!" A young girl with pink hair with a cross-bone hair clip cheered. The girl had her hands up. There was a woman beside her who had black hair tied into braids with bangs parted, looked over to the girl and mimicked what the girl was doing.

"How's the champ doing?" A few more women came into the room through the door. My eyes sparkled. Pretty women were entering the room while I was pretty much injured. I couldn't ask for more. My fingers fumbled as I quickly stuffed the necklace back under the white kimono, "I-I'm doing okay!"

My eyes went to a girl with glasses and long hair. Oh, wow. She had a stern look with pretty light blue eyes. Her hair was pinned back and her bangs were tucked behind her right ear. I blinked, awed by her appearance.

Someone settled beside me. She had black hair tied into a ponytail with chin-length bangs and lovely dark skin with golden irises. Okay Woah. Were women in Soul Society all pretty? Or was it just me? She wore an orange over-shirt which had white straps on the shoulders with a black under-shirt.

"You look like you've never seen a pretty babe before," she teased after noticing me staring at her. My cheeks burned up, and I looked away from her, "You're really pretty," I muttered, fiddling with the blanket. She laughed, patting my back.

Someone was seated beside her. Her hair was short and black with bangs and it kinked up to the side. Her grey eyes burned into my very being. She didn't look like she liked me. "So..." I mumbled, looking at them, "You guys are the Shinigami Women's Association?" I scratched the back of my head, "Kuchiki-San told me about you guys."

"Yup!" the girl with pink hair beamed, "I'm the president!" I blinked, wondering why a child was a president. The lieutenant badge on her left arm caught my eye. I started to wonder why a child was the lieutenant of Squad 11. "And Nana over there is the vice president," she pointed to the girl with glasses.

"Re-Chan is the supervising chairwoman," she then pointed to a woman with her black hair braided at the front and her eyes were blue. The woman gave me a closed-eyes smile which captured my heart and I found myself staring at her.

I often catch feelings a little faster when it's a woman.

"How are you feeling?" she asked. Her voice was mellow and soft. "G-Good!" I stammered, getting a little flustered. She smiled, "I'm glad." I slowly looked away from her to prevent myself from staring. The only familiar face in the room was Rangiku. I looked over to the blonde, "I was worried you weren't going to make it, Neddy-Chan," she pouted, settling beside me.

I laughed nervously, "Even I'm surprised with my will to live." Rangiku patted my shoulder, "After this, we'll go shopping again, right, Neddy-Chan?" she asked with her usual warm smile. "Don't go spending the club's funds again," Nana said, standing over Rangiku with her arms crossed. The blonde laughed nervously, waving her hand, "Oh, no, no, it won't be much!"

Nana's eyes went to me. My insides immediately panicked, and I looked away from her, placing a hand on my cheek. "Most of you haven't introduced yourselves to me..." I muttered, my eyes looking over at the rest of the room.

"Ise Nanao," she adjusted her glasses as she introduced herself, "Nice to meet you," she seemed cold for some reason. Maybe it was the stress of being vice president. She clapped her hands, "Everyone in a line, like how we practiced earlier."

Everyone went into line according to height. Though, Rangiku lazily got up and dragged her feet into the line. I blinked, "You guys did this..." I paused, "For me...?" Yachiru nodded, "Boobies said you can make sweets! So we want you to be part of our club!"

I snorted and covered my mouth, "B-Boobies?" The dark skin woman raised her hand, "That's me," she grinned, "Shihoin Yoruichi," she introduced, "I'm friends with Kisuke. Pretty sure he told you that already." I looked at her, trying to recall my memory. My head was still pretty hazy but I managed to remember. "Oh, you're the cat outside his shop."

"Hey," she called, "Thanks for lending me tuna that day," she said, "They were really good." I laughed, giving her the finger guns, "No problem..." to think a black cat was actually a pretty stunning woman was nearly impossible.

"The kid named is Yachiru," Yoruichi informed. The pink-haired girl nodded, "Nice to meet you!" I smiled at how cute she was. She was small, only 109 centimeters. And she was the president, I wondered how that went. "Hey, hey," she patted my leg, inching closer to me, "You can make sweets, right?"

"U-Uh," I scratched the back of my head, "Well, I can make a few desserts..."

She seemed to sparkle at this, "I'll give you the title vice-president if you make lots!"

"H-Hey!" Ise-San protested. "I worked hard for the title."

I laughed a little, "D-Don't worry, I'm not planning to snatch your title..." I bit on my nail, "I can only make certain sweets."

"It's still sweets!" Yachiru beamed, "I like sweets!"