Chapter 21

Andrea

She is there.  Lying on my bed for two hours now, she continues to stare at the phone while I have been playing my piano for two hours, the same melody for two hours, it is a pain to have to pretend that everything is fine when it is clear that it is not so.

Since she entered my house she hasn't said anything, she said "hello" to my mother, then she sat on my bed and then nothing more.  The more I tried to talk to her the more she mumbled, didn't answer.  Useless, groping in the dark, if she don't speak I don't know what to say, I don't know how to start conversations, it's a defect I've always had, if someone speaks to me it's ok otherwise nothing.

"Fuck I can't hear this music anymore" I pissed off, this deafening silence filled only by this melody is becoming a heartbreak.  I take the scores and throw them on the ground.

"You're angry" Aurora for the first time in two hours looks up from the screen just to look at the scores on the ground and say an obvious but then she looks back at the phone and I'm pissed off like I've never been

"But really ?! Do you think he's pissed off ?! And what makes you think that ?!"  I scream

"You are screaming and cursing" she replies, answers rhetorical questions which it is impossible to answer then continues "you are angry with me because today I don't speak to you, I know, you are right today I have a slightly upset head"

I soften immediately it is obvious and clear that she is thinking about something that disturbs her.

"Will you tell me what is happening to you these days?"

"It will be hormones"

"Or the fact that lately you are unhappy and after meeting the disco guy who made your head spin and all you do is think about him"

"Yes, I really think you're right"

Then she says nothing more, gets out of bed after placing her cell phone on my bedside table, picks up the scores from the floor, places them on the piano lectern and starts playing.  Her fingers are very delicate on the keys, the melody that previously bothered me so now I could not help but listen to it if played by her.  I also get up from my bed, on which I had sat down to understand what was happening to her, and I go to sit next to her, we start playing together and she rests her head on my shoulder, I finally feel relaxed.

The melody is beautiful.

She is beautiful, I feel wonderful if I am with her.

Me and her together are a wonderful melody.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, here's the twenty-first chapter.

What do you think?  I obviously hope you like it.

Altea