A girl clung to a boys chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

Oh yeah, the manlyn ball.

Like mindless goats; they all followed one another to see if they could get partners to this awful dance. Stupid if you ask me. Imagine going all out just for one bloody night.

My eyes moved elsewhere as I watched another person descend from the exterior steps of the school. I squinted my eyes at the specimen, trying to get a clear view of who it was. Realisation struck when I got a clear enough look—

Good head Lila.

I watched as she scurried past the soccer field to a group of girls who held a colourful poster. The girls exchanged an exaggerated hop of excitement from what I've observed. I shrugged before taking my gaze off them then reaching in my backseat to grab my jacket. I was dressed in a simple shirt, pants and sneakers so the jacket would both compliment the fit and keep me warm. Gathering myself; I removed my keys before bringing my gaze back to where Lila once was.

My eyes shot open quickly when I saw her walking away from the soccer field and towards the direction of the parking lot. The group of girls had been following her from behind and this time, Lila had been the one holding the colourful poster.

Wait a minute...

Her eyes met mine and her pace quickened. Oh no. Oh no no no no! My heart dropped and my hangover quickly seeped back in, fighting the caffeinated drink I had not too long ago. As her figure became more clear, the colourful poster she held against her torso came to view.

No, no way is she doing this.

I was in no mood to speak to her,let alone go to a whole dance with her. I had to do the next best thing to keep this disaster from happening.. And that was to..

"Run"

I quickly got out of my car, locking it behind me then diving behind a classic mustang that was parked beside me. The more her footsteps and voice became clearer the more the adrenaline to flee inclined within me. Diving behind cars; I made a speed walk into the school building. I panted in victory when I saw the busy halls, emptying rather slowly. I made my way through the crowd, nodding at those I knew and those that knew me.

"There he is! Wait Sebastian!"

Fuck. She found me, I looked at my peripheral on the right where the school entrance had been. There; panting and gripping the life out of her poster; was Lila. Her squad quickly following after her with phones ready to capture the moment. I quickly looked forward; looking for a quick escape but to my dismay..I was stuck.

But..

Like a sign; I looked up and saw a bright light shine above a head of long brown braids. Braids that belonged to my new escape, my next brilliant idea..and she only stood a few stairs above me.

Like a movie; it played out in the most dramatic slow motion scene ever done.

"Sebas-"

In slight panic at what Lila was bound to say, in a quick fashion I blurted out;

"..hey Armani!?"

My heart stopped when I got her attention..

""Would you be my date to the Manlyn ball?"

Like clockwork the bell had rung and I had brought unnecessary attention to myself and the fair lady just right above me. Her eyelids rose high, exposing her chocolate irises and her full lips left agape. I understood her reaction— heck, I was surprised too. I only acknowledged my surprise when a parachute of emotions erupted in me at the set of eyes that put holes through me. Mani's gaze being one of them. My legs began to feel weak when another emotion became present within me. The worst type of emotion. An uncontrollable emotion.

Fear.

I was afraid. Not of the moment; but of the rejection that was on its way to me when I realised where Armani and I's relationship was. We weren't very close, hell I don't even know what we are. In that moment I felt like I had made a huge mistake, especially since she probably already had a date to this stupid dance with that soccer fuck.

Soccer fuck. Fear turned to slight irritation; I wouldn't have been in this predicament if he didn't mess things up for me. If he had just left bunny alone, I would've done what I had to have done ages ago then never entertain Lila. Its all his fault.

I breathed out as I awaited the fate of where things where gonna go. I clenched my jaw, waiting in anticipation and completely ignoring Lila's presence all together. Unaware of the fact that she had stopped making her way to me, now adding an extra set of eyes toward Armani. Now not only was I waiting for a rejection from her; but Lila too. I swallowed, already planning to make a run for it after my pride gets knocked down and im-

"Yes..?"

Seen as an ass who got rejected in front of everybody —wait..did she just say...

"Y..es?"

I repeated, my gaze completely stuck on her while insuring that she understood what she had just said. More of a question than a statement, like she wasn't sure. Hell; I wasn't sure about anything in this current moment. We were both confused.

I watched as her brows twisted in confusion, then she quickly shut her eyes before letting out a breath and in the same monotone repeating her previous question/statement;

"Yes"

Now it seemed more aware, more direct. I blinked back to reality and soon the murmurs of students filled my ears as they ignored the moment, tending back to their duties.

She said..

"Yes?!"

Yes, yes she said yes.

Lila exclaimed before lowering her board then quickly storming off. I just stood there, star struck as I found it hard to avert my eyes from her. What turned to an excuse; was now a meaningful promise. I felt...warm inside. My cheeks grew hot and I felt my heart rate go up. Armani Wilson just agreed to go to the dance with me. In that moment she didn't seem like an average girl, but a girl that...mattered. A girl that made me feel like I needed her validation, in that moment.. She had unintentionally given it to me..and i was...happy about it.

I watched as her orange red haired friend nudged her back to reality as the halls began to empty. I watched her leave and disappear into the second floor while I gathered my thoughts.

I was going to the dance with Mani..and I didn't feel bad about it.