𝘥𝘶𝘦𝘵𝘴; 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦

"At least try it out." Stephanie said, now desperate to get the boy to agree.

But he didn't, he shook his head, still walking away from the girl who was almost tripping over her feet trying to keep up.

"Why not?" Stephanie said in a strong tone, putting her hands on her hips, still stumbling down the hallway.

Jake came to an abrupt stop and turned towards Stephanie. The sudden stop had made the girl almost fall to her ass, luckily he had grabbed her waist in time saving her from the embarrassment.

She glared at Jake, who whispered a sorry.

"Because i don't wanna be a loser, Steph. I couldn't give two shits about 'glee club' okay? I have football and most importantly i have friends. Friends that i'll lose if i join the club."

Steph frowned at him. "No need to be a meanie about it" she muttered sadly, looking at the ground.

Jake immediately felt guilty. He hated making the girl sad. "I'm sorry, but i just don't want to join."

"You'd join if there wasn't the risk of you losing popularity."

His eyebrows raised. "What?"

Stephanie huffed and folded her arms over her chest. She knew the boy did actually want to join, but cared more about his image. Jake had passion for dancing, but he was also a really good singer. He just didn't have the confidence to do it outside of his bedroom.

"You know what i'm talking about."

He rolled his eyes. "Look Steph i gotta go." Jake gave the girl one last look before turning and disappearing down the hallway.

Stephanie felt like she had completely failed. She had tried to get both her brother and best friend to join but neither did. The blonde leaned her forehead against her locker and closed her eyes.

She stayed like that for a couple of seconds before she heard a voice that made her smile. "Hey, you okay?"

Stephanie turned to meet the curious brown eyes of Santana, who was standing with the other, taller blonde at her side.

"Yeah, I tried to get Jake to join glee but he said no. So did Sam." She repeated out loud, quite sadly.

Santana frowned, smiling again when she watched Brittany dive forward and hug the girl tightly.

Britt nuzzled her head into the shorter blonde's neck and whispered almost inaudibly, "you smell like a unicorn".

Stephanie held her even tighter, a smile spreading across her face as her eyes met Santana's over the girls shoulder. "I love you Britt."

Brittany pulled back with a wide grin, keeping her hands on Steph's shoulders. "I love you too!".

~~~~

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around." Shue said while walking through the door in his office that led to the choir room, in which the whole glee club, minus Puck, were spread out chatting amongst themselves.

The curly haired teacher had a look of stress on his face, Stephanie noted. She patted Mike's shoulder, who her and Brittany had been talking about dance routines to, and turned towards Santana.

The tanned girl had been stretching her legs up on one of the chairs while dropping in and out of conversation with the 3 others.

"Sorry i'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, Puckerman's in Juvie."

The blondes eyes raised in question as she turned to Santana.