𝘢𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯; 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰

"Hey sis- woah" Sam appeared next to her while she finished up putting things in her locker after lunch.

Steph shot her brother a confused look. "Something wrong?"

"You got onto the squad? Me too! The football team i mean..."

She giggled at the boy. "Yeah, Santana put in a good word for me. Congrats"

"Cool, anyway guess what! I was out in the courtyard eating my lunch and next minute this group of kids come out and start singing! I've never seen anything like it...."

Stephanie zoned out when she saw Santana standing at her locker with Quinn and Brittany. The latina broke into a huge smile and fit of giggles at something Brittany had said. It was the most beautiful sight Steph had ever seen. I mean she knew Santana was absolutely unreal, but when she smiled? She could've died on the spot.

Santana noticed Stephanie staring at her, so she flashed her pearly white teeth at her, making the blonde blush and look back towards her brother.

"I can't believe you missed it, it was amazing!" Sam said, not even noticing that she'd been too busy checking out a cheerleader to listen to a word he was saying.

"Sounds pretty cool" Sam grinned.

"It was! Finn Hudson and that kid in the wheelchair came up to me and asked me to tryout after school, so i told them we'd be there"

"That's great Sam" she suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned to see him with a pleading expression on his face. "Wait, what do you mean 'we'?"

"Oh come on Steph. You used to love singing with me. It'll be fun"

She considered for a minute. She'd just made it onto the cheerleading squad and befriended the three most popular girls in school. Maybe another club could send her even higher.

"Okay"

"Thank you, i love you! But i'm gonna leave now before you change your mind" Sam told her before sprinting off towards a group of jocks.

She shook her head at the boy and slammed her locker shut.

~~~~

"Hey Jake"

The boy, who was currently on the bleachers tying his shoelaces, looked up at the girl and gave her a wide smile.

"Hey, uniform looks good on you" he winked jokingly after noticing the girl was now part of the cheerios.

"Shush you" Stephanie giggled at him and playfully rolled her eyes. "So what'd you wanna talk about?"

"Promise me you wont freak out on me?"

"Uh okay?" She sat next to him. He looked at the floor then back up to meet Steph's questioning eyes.

"I want us to fake date"

Stephanie was utterly confused by what the boy had said. Fake date? What the hell?

"You what?" He laughed a little, stopping immediately when he saw the girls eyes burning holes in his head. "You don't like me right...I mean you know i'm like half gay so if this is your way of trying to go out with me-"

"No Steph, what the- Look let me explain. I know what happened in your old school when people found out about you, so i'm guessing you don't want people to know just yet" she nodded in agreement. "You're a cheerleader. I'm a football player. We'd become an 'it' couple Steph and go right to the top. Plus, people would think you were straight if you dated me. We could both benefit from it"

It felt wrong and she didn't really want to do it. Stephanie wasn't like this. She was too innocent to pull something like this off. Hell, she thought she was even too innocent to become popular. But what the boy was saying made sense. Nobody would find out about her and she doesn't fit the 'popular bitch' stereotype so maybe dating a football player would make up for that.

"Hm, yeah okay"

His eyebrows shot up. "Really? I thought i'd have to convince you for at least an hour"

"Not this time. Wait do we have to..."

"Kiss?" she nodded. "I mean we don't have to but if we don't its gonna look kinda unrealistic" the girl grimaced. "Don't worry i'm not gonna fall for you Steph" he laughed.

"Okay i'll think about it. For now i'll accept a kiss on the cheek and hand holding"

"Yes ma'am" Jake smiled at her.

~~~~

She was sprinting down the hall towards her last class before she heard a commotion in the hall and went to see what the fuss was about.

"You can't hit me!" she heard Quinn's voice and walked towards the group of crowded people. But when she heard Santana's voice she went faster and pushed her way through the crowd.

"Oh, sure I can, unless you got yourself knocked up again, slut" Next thing she saw was Quinn pushing the latina into a locker with force. In response Santana grabbed her hair and flung her to the ground while Quinn exclaimed in pain.

"Stop it!"

Steph ran over to them at the same time Mr Schuester emerged from his class .

"What is this!" He said, rushing over trying to hold Quinn back to stop her from attempting to murder the girl. "We are supposed to be a family!" he continued still struggling to contain the angry cheerleader.

"Oh, please. She has a family. She's a mooootherrr!"

Santana stopped abruptly when she felt a pair of arms delicately wrap around her from behind. She didn't have to turn to know who it was. The intoxicating smell of the girls perfume filled her nose. The only sound she could hear was her heartbeat and the slow, rhythmic breathing of the girl behind her. She had zoned out everything that was going on and began to melt into Steph's touch.

Santana shivered when she felt hot breath on the back of her neck.

"Relax, San" Stephanie softly whispered to her.

In reality the moment only lasted a couple of seconds but for the two girls it felt much longer than that.

She then suddenly remembered that they weren't alone. They were in the middle of the school halls. So before anyone could notice what happened between them, Santana just nodded and tore herself away from the girls grip. She stormed down the hallway leaving Stephanie standing alone in the middle of the crowd with a frown on her face.

"Walk away! And tighten up your pony before you get to class!" Quinn shouted.

Santana was struggling to figure out why and how the blonde had such a big effect on her. They'd only just met. Plus she's Santana Lopez! A badass, not a softie. She presented her self in a certain way in school. She was secluded and refused to open up to anybody. But that one touch from Stephanie knocked down all of her walls . And honestly? That scared her.

Another thing Santana didn't know was that Quinn had watched and took notice of the interaction between the girls.