FF #3 || Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

Shivaay tapped my arm. "I know, it's frustrating at time. But Om, we all need someone or the other to be by us. I was so cranky when mom used to keep flashing photographs before my eyes every now and then. But it all turned out to be so--so magical!" I smiled seeing that broad smile that graced his face. I realised that my arrogant brother had changed so much after marriage. He smiled a lot. His anger did not erupt as often as before. He was a happy man.

I held his hand. "I am so happy for you."

He smiled. GOD he blushed too. Weird. Did mom mean my face turned like that when she said those very descriptive details about Gauri to me in my ears. Damn! I hope not. But well, mom wasn't wrong if I now go back to it. Gauri indeed was a very gorgeous woman. I pushed that sudden not-seeemingly-right thought out of my head before it found permanent residence in a small part of my brain.

"Try giving umm what's her name?"

"Gauri." I answered immediately only got me a teasing grin from Shivaay.

"Maybe there's nothing as you say. But perhaps Badi Maa saw what you couldn't see. She just dropped the hints for you to realise. Omkara, its your mother we are speaking of. She has a very unique way as you do. She saw something you did not, perhaps. See closely maybe you see what she saw."

"and since when did you start using the beat-around-the-bush method?" I grinned meeting his eyes.

"Let me just say Anika's -side-effects." He winked at me.

"Good night!" He gave me a brief hug. "Good night Ruddy!" he called over my shoulder walking away quickly.

I repeated the drill."Good night Ru!"

* * *

I couldn't wipe away from my memory her flushed face as I drove towards home. Staring the day with her sleepy face was actually the cutest start. She was like a bundle of nervous nerves on being caught. Was it mom's words messing with my mind that made me feel she looked prettier today? Perhaps. I had followed Shivaay's advice and had looked closely but slyly and had found Gauri stealing glances at me. At first I felt it was me making a mountain of an anthill. But it was not. I had been blind all these days! Gauri actually did a lot of staring at me. I smiled at the thought. I had always liked straight-forward people. My ex-girlfriend was a very straightforward person. If on a certain day she liked how I was dressed she'd tell me. In fact most girls flirted with me. But Gauri had never got close to that. Did she like me or was I over thinking?

But that blush and hurried explanation of her made me chuckle again. So cute! Poor girl, I think I had embarrassed her a lot. I laughed, it was so much fun. Shaking my head I relaised I had been driving at twenty kilometers per hour. I pressed the accelerator, wondering if I should share the little scene with my brothers. No. They'd tease me and eventually it would reach mom, and everything would be a mess. It was just a little fun what I had there. They'd make it a love-story. Nah. I'm telling them nothing.

* * *

Third person

The morning after the night, witnessed an unusually smiley Omkara. There was none except his mother who noticed the shine of his eyes. She wondered if her arrow had landed on the bull's eye. She'll have to wait to see what comes. Nonetheless the idea of Gauri being a possible daughter-in-law made her smile. Gauri was a lively girl. She'd teach her son to see the bright-side of life which he had not known fully yet. They say that what is missing in an individual is completed when he unites with his soulmate. Perhaps!