Story 2 || 05

Chapter 5 : The Devil's Mirth

Gauri restlessly waited for the computer to boot. She didn't dare to look up. There was a knock on the door. "Come in!" His crisp voice echoed in the room.

Gauri observed the woman who entered. She was of average height, had jet black hair and a pretty face. Nervously the girl walked in."Kashish Mishra?" He looked at her.

"Yes Sir." She answered timidly. 

"Please have a seat." He said sitting comfortably on his chair. Gauri's curious eyes were fixed on the young lady as she sat across from him on the other end of the huge mahogany desk.

She found his eyes darting at her. She looked down and focused at the task she was given. She scribbled the message on a sheet and then typed it out.

"I've heard a lot about you Miss Kashish Mishra. You seem to be doing a lot of work." His voice sounded sweet. 

The lady hesitantly pressed a nervous smile. "Thank you Sir."

Gauri looked up as he leaned over the table with that smile on his face. Gauri within mere seconds knew the girl was in for trouble. Did she also betray the company ?

"I hear you are engaged soon to be married."

Gauri looked up once again. Definitely something cooking in the hell he called his mind.

"Yes Sir." The girl replied hesitantly.

"Congratulations. I am guessing he's a wonderful man. Extremely lucky." There, the smile was there once again. As he stood up Gauri looked down at the keyboard and then at the screen before her. She could still see the scene from the corner of her eyes.

"Thank you Sir. " the girl said a little awkwardly.

"Do you love him?" He asked leaning over the desk his eyes fixed on the young lady.

She sat back in her chair, nodding. Gauri could say that the woman was intimidated by his manner. Anyone would be!

"So much for love?"

"Excuse me." The girl spoke baffled.

"Is he so incapable? Or are you so into him already? "

"Sir..I don't understand. That's my personal life." The girl was irked by his question.

"Really?" He asked his voice amused. The kind of amusement only he could understand. "Giving company details to your fiancé is personal?"

"Sir. You must be mistaken."

"Oh, you wish. I don't have spare minutes to waste on random people. " he glared at her.