FF #5 || Chapter 13, 14, 15 & 16

Chapter 13

The entire Saturday had gone in a blink. Even on the Friday evening, he had no interaction with Gauri except at the dinner table. On Saturday morning she was gone before breakfast hence he didn't have a chance to see her. By the time he returned from the party it was late evening. He was surprised when she didn't turn up at the dining table. He casually asked Anika about her whereabouts but only after they had all started eating. It was then that he was filled in with the news of her visiting and staying over at her friend's place for the weekend. Apparently, she had been invited to a wedding celebration. Darn! He wouldn't see the whole day tomorrow. What a boring Sunday!

* * *

Omkara was finally glad that Monday morning came. But she didn't arrive. Anika informed him that she would be coming directly from her friend's place. He didn't know the exact reason for his disappointment. There was this mad urge in him to see her. Was she ignoring him? Was this nothing but ignorance?

It was evening and Omkara still hadn't seen Gauri. He had a meeting during the usual lunch hour so he couldn't get a chance to even see her. He was waiting for the day to end. A lot more awaited him however. In the late afternoon he received a message from Gauri that asked him to not wait as she would be going back to her friend's place for the wedding reception. What! Wasn't the wedding over already?

He sulked replying with "ok". Maybe he was the stupid one to even think about it all. She was perhaps unaffected. But that was hard to digest. He shook his head. Better focus on his work.

The night was dark and breezy and the clock read ten. Omkara was playing with his little nephew in the living room. While the little one's parents were having some couple time. Rudra had gone out to a friend's birthday bash and hadn't returned either.

Daadi walked out of her room with a phone in her hand. "Lambu!"

Omkara sighed looking at Aayush. "Do you know who is Lambu?"

"Where is Jugnu, is he not here yet?"

"This is Omkara and Aayush reporting live from the Oberoi living hall." Omkara began playfully to which the two-and-half-year-old boy clapped and jumped. Omkara took him in his arms, continuing, "the night is dark but Jugnu is not here yet. Aayush and my parents are having a couple-time in their rooms. My Daadi is busy spoiling the name of his most handsome grandson."

"You mean Rudra?" Daadi teased.

"Oh, Daadi!" Omkara exclaimed. Turning to his nephew he spoke, "see no one loves me." The boy pouted trying to mirror his uncle's pout.

"That's why I am telling you, idiot, get married. You're twenty-six. Otherwise ..!" She sighed.

"And, Daadi is back to square one. Find another daughter-in-law."

Daadi laughed adoring her grandson. "Okay now. You made me forget what I came here for. Now is Rudra coming back? I told him not to drink but well, he is Tej's copy."

Omkara laughed. "It's okay Daadi. He has just entered adulthood. The transition from boy to man is thrilling. I asked him to take the driver. So worry not. The driver will keep me posted."

"Don't spoil him." Daadi sighed. "Oh, and yes... I need you to go pick up Gauri."

If Omkara was a cat, then surely his ears would appear to open up widely hearing that name. He, however, tried to act normal. "Why is her friend not going to have her dropped here safely?"

"Omkara!" Daadi muttered. "She was saying she'll take a cab. But I asked her not to. She's our responsibility until she is here. I want you to go pick her up. She's at the Leela Grounds."