thirteen

i fell.

i was walking to class, but some idiot had dropped a pencil at the foot of his locker, and my foot pressed right against it on an angle. the pencil span, spit out from under my shoe, and tripped me, sending me lunging towards the tile floor with record speed.
my hands collided with the cold ground, and i tumbled onto the side of my right arm, grunting as i made contact; i looked around to see most of the hallway was empty, but the exception belonged to a few second years and shōyō hinata himself.

"woah there, you okay?"

i shuffled up into a sitting position, rubbing my arm and muttering a glib little, "m'fine."

i felt hot. my whole body, head to toe, was heating up, like i was a pig stuck on a roasting stick, and shōyō was twisting me over the fire with that devil-esque smirk.
as if he had gasoline on his fingers, he set me aflame as he reached out and grabbed my wrist, examining the red blotches where i visibly caught my own fall.

"you really took a tumble, huh?"

"mhm."

"sure you're okay?"

"mhm."

his eyes smiled at me before his mouth could catch up, and he let go of my wrist softly, letting it fall limp in my lamp. he stood up with a small grunt, and he reached the other hand out to me.
i took it.

"why don't we get to class, clumsy?"

"what did you just call me?"

"oh, don't be so stiff, tobio. cute nicknames are fun!"

nicknames?
cute nicknames?

shōyō ignored my incoherent mumbles as he led the way to class, his tiny frame moving with a slow, steady diligence that made me want to watch him the whole way there.

i don't like how i always feel sick, and how my skin burns where he last touched me.
hitoka may have been a little wrong, still, because i don't really know his intentions. but my sizzling wrist made me realize that i do know something she doesn't, and something she would kill to. oh, i can only imagine how ballistic she'll go when she figures it out.

as i walk behind him, i know that i fell into him the second he walked through that door his first day, and i haven't been able to get back on my feet since.

and he knows it, too.

fuck.