59 | nodoka

For a few times, she's pondered why she can't let anyone in in her life when they seem pretty harmless. Like, there's someone in the world who's genuine enough to care about someone they haven't even met in person.

Let alone, someone like her.

When she was supposedly ready to let go of all her doubts of the anonymous notebook thief, everything she's thought of all crashed down the way she fell on the ground one Saturday evening.

"You are not allowed to speak to the Fujiokas or to anyone else, do you understand?!" her mother screamed from the side of her face, a fistful of her hair crumpled in her pale, skinny fingers like a ball of paper.

Nodoka swallows her own saliva, "yes mother." she says with a grudge in her heart.

"You just never learn, do you?" with that, her mother pushes the back of her head with so much force, Nodoka's face stumbled on the floor, causing a nosebleed.

Tears were pricking out of her gorgeous purple irises, and her nose is clogged from all the sniffling that it was giving her a migraine.

She thinks that it's okay.

Other times were worse.

But her doubts are back now. 

"I don't think we should ever speak to one another ever again."

Can't have a little cruel mom action and NODOKA BBY NO