Foreshadowing, Love (Thirty-Eight)

We had been looking through the books all day. Vincent told me to search for anything that called to me; this put me under a lot of pressure. What if I missed something? Gren was like my brother now, too. I loved him. He needed help, but my mind just wasn’t in searching the books anymore. It was to what he was foreseeing. Sarah crying? I hated that. I loved Sarah too; she’s like my sister or even my daughter. I took care of her, we all did. She shouldn’t be sad. Then there was the obvious fact that he thought I was pregnant. It scared me because I didn’t want a child, not now anyway. I didn’t even think my body could handle carrying a child. I was still anorexic and weak for a vampire. I also couldn’t drink very often because I needed Vincent for that. And although I knew I should be looking to help Gren, I couldn’t get my mind off of these things. I guess Vincent noticed that I was preoccupied and decided to quickly wrap things up.

                “Why don’t you check out one more book, then we can go do something else for a while. We’ve got time; Gren’s been doing this for a while. I’m sure he’ll be okay until tomorrow.” I felt guilty. One for almost killing Cameron, two for drinking from Vincent, and three for being worried about myself. I grabbed the other book like he told me to and flipped through the pages. Nothing caught my eye until I saw a picture of a vampire burning. I gasped. “What’s wrong, sweetheart?” Vincent asked, walking over to me.

                “This picture is horrible.” I told him, pointing.

                “I knew I could count on you.” He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.

                “I don’t get it.”

                “Did you bother to read the page? Haha.” I didn’t read the page, I was stuck on the picture.

                “No…”

                “It says that a vampire-demon hybrid is dangerous and must always be joined or destroyed. It goes on to say how to do both. It looks complicated, but I think that we can do it.” He told me, smiling.

                “So he’ll be okay?”

                “Yes, he’ll be fine. Once we join them he can see when he wants to and be normal while doing it. He’ll be our little seer haha.” I couldn’t believe Vincent was taking everything so coolly.

                “Okay good.”

                “Thank you for finding it for me.” I smiled at him and pulled him into a kiss. He bit my bottom lip asking for entrance, which I started to grant, but the door opened and Blaire walked in. I hated her. I instantly gave Vincent another small peck before we both stood up.

                “What do you want?” Vincent asked coldly.

                “You, baby. I want you back. Stop fooling around.” She pretended to be sad.

                “Blaire,” he hissed her name, “I do not want you. I was never in love with you, why don’t you understand that?” He had grabbed my hand while he was speaking.

                “You’re lying!” She screamed, “YOU LOVE ME! NOT HER!” Her face looked horrible. Her eyes were huge and dark while her fangs were pointing out. I wasn’t afraid.

                “I am not lying. I am in love with Lucia. She’s my queen, and soon she’ll be yours too. And when we’re older our child will be your king or queen.” That pissed her off more.

                “No! I am supposed to be the queen! We’re supposed to have children together! Not you and that little slut. She’s hideous. Look at her!” It hurt when Vincent looked at me. I was afraid. I felt like he had just found me out, like I had been faking all along. I held my breath and waited for him to agree.

                “She’s beautiful. Lucia is so much prettier than you could ever hope to be. She’s loving and kind. She is forgiving, too much sometimes. I never believed in perfection until I met her.” He smiled and squeezed my hand a bit tighter. I wrapped my arms around him.

                “She’s anorexic! And her hair is too dark! She’s too pale even for a vampire. She’ll make ugly babies, I promise you that much, Vincent. You’ll be sorry. You will be wishing to have me back and when you do I’ll still be here waiting for you. I’ll only have one demand to take you back. You let me kill that little slut.” I was heated and about to pounce on her as if she were prey.

                “She’s perfect. And as for you, you will never lay a finger on her. I won’t ever want you back or ask you back. Besides, she could kick your ass any day.” I didn’t know if that was true or not, but I would sure as hell try. She scoffed and stormed out of the room.

                “That was eventful.” He laughed at my sarcasm.

                “You look a little tired. Let’s go to the bedroom, I’ll give you a massage.” I smiled and walked to our room with him.

Vincent:

                She was lying naked on her stomach. I smiled down at her. She was already falling asleep. My hand pressed lightly against her back, moving everywhere. I hated Blaire, but she was right about one thing: Lucia was still anorexic. It scared me and I knew that blood could not fix this. She wouldn’t lose any more weight by not eating, but if she did eat she’d gain it. She had not been eating. I decided that we would eat three meals a day starting tomorrow. It was getting late already and she was tired. I let my mind wonder to Gren as I rubbed her back.

                I was happy, extremely happy, about Gren foreseeing Lucia having a child. I had wanted one for a while now and Lucia made it perfect. I wonder what our baby would look like. I bet he or she would be perfect, just like its mother. I knew if I wanted this to come true, though, I would have to get Lucia back to normal.

                Then I thought about the ritual I would have to perform on Gren. It was all easy enough except the last part. A true sacrifice was to be made. I was not sure what this meant. I would have to ask a demonologist about it tomorrow while Lucia looked for dresses. I decided I was going to surprise Lucia with something tomorrow and I hoped to god she would love it. She changed me so much. I was a cold bastard before I met her. I hated everything and everyone. Then I started having feelings for her. So I would hurt her to try to make them go away. It was sickening. I knew sooner or later I would have to pay for what I had done to her, but I prayed it wouldn’t be losing her. She’s all I have, without her I’m nothing. I meant that too. Without her I won’t have a crown, a child, happiness, a real life, love, or even sex. She was mine forever and nothing was going to change that. I knew if I had to sacrifice her to save Gren I wouldn’t do it. That’s selfish of me, but I could not and would not. It’s too much and I would hate my brother for the rest of his life, which wouldn’t last very long. I’d kill him for certain.

                I’d kill anyone for my Lucia, my love, my everything.