Goodbye, Hello (Eleven)

The rest of the day was filled with smiles and laughter. It made me feel like a young child again. It wasn’t until night had fallen that things started changing. It started with a letter. The contents of that letter were meant to be known to no one but Vincent, however, he chose to share it with me. The letter explained a very corrupt situation, one which I was in the middle of. Vincent’s younger brother, someone that I did not know existed, was being held captive by an old enemy. This enemy, as Vincent explained was an ancient vampire family which had once been like family. A war started many years ago by a simple desire. Vincent’s deceased younger sister was raped and murdered by the son in that family, causing a fire to blaze. Things had settled down after many years, until now. What cause this man, Eastin, to attack now is unclear. All I know now is that Vincent is leaving to find his brother. He doesn’t know how long it will take or when he will be back. This caused me immediately to worry, as I have no protection other than him. He explained that I would sleep in his bed and keep his room tidy. I would have no other responsibilities. I could roam around the castle as I please, as long as I didn’t try to run away. He was leaving in less than 20 minutes. I did not know if I would ever see him again, which caused mixed emotions. On one hand, I’d be freer and would not have to worry about punishment, but on the other I would be lonely, as Vincent was starting to be a bit nicer. As I helped him pack his bags, he turned his head to look at me.

“Lucia, don’t get into trouble while I am gone. Behave yourself and when I get back you’ll get something very special.” He smiled and ruffled my hair.

“Vincent?” I asked.

“Yes, dear?”

“How long will it take?”

“I could not tell you exactly.”

“Estimate?”

“Anywhere from a few months to a few years.”

“Would you be coming back anytime in between?”

“Yes. Probably quite a bit.”

“Really?” For some reason this made my heart skip a beat.

“Yes, really. Now come, the car is here for me.” He said as he picked up his bags and followed me out the door.

As we waited outside I pondered what it would be like without him there. What would I do all day? Where would he be? Would he think of me? As I was thinking, when Vincent finished putting his bags into the car, he turned to me and opened his arms. I stepped forward and fell into his warm embrace. I would miss that. He smiled at me and kissed my forever. “Behave and be safe. I will call to check on you.” And with that he was in the car, driving away.

*************

It had been a week since then. I have been waiting to hear from Vincent. He hasn’t called.

************

A month has gone by and still no word from Vincent. He probably forgot about me.

************

Another week has passed and my loneliness is getting the best of me. I spend my days walking around the castle. Sometimes I go into the music room and play the piano, I’ve actually became quite good at it. Today I was feeling especially sad because it had been raining. I love the rain, but not when I am lonely. A part of me wants to run away, another part of me wants to scream for Vincent to come home. I did realize how stupid my thoughts seemed. I had hated Vincent, but I had grown to like him. I wanted him to hold me while I slept again, to give me butterflies. I wanted him to pick flowers for me like her did that last day he was here. Sometimes I want him so badly that whenever he comes home again I want to beg him to take me with him.

These thoughts filled my head as I walked through the garden and into the woods, it was cold and dark. I was growing paranoid. But I had no reason to be, I’d done this a hundred times. Tonight though, something did not feel right. It felt unsafe. As I maneuvered my way through the huge oak trees, their branches swaying with the wind, my paranoia got the best of me and I quickly turned around, bumping into something and falling on my ass. I looked up and nearly fainted. It was the man from the party that tried to have his way with me in the upstairs bathroom. I screamed internally, not having the strength to do it externally. My mind was racing, I had to get up, I had to move, but I couldn’t. I was completely paralyzed. The man grabbed at me (as I tried to move), and started pulling at my shirt, eventually ripping it off. I thought my heart might explode from terror.

Then I saw another shadow moving through the trees, coming toward us. The man was thrown away from me, and the shadows danced beautifully. When they had finally finished their dance of back and forth, with spins and step moves, one emerged, coming closer to me. It was then that the blood rush got to me and I blacked out, feeling the man carry me back to the house, but not knowing who it was.

*************

I awoke to the sound of humming, beautiful humming. A smile came to my face as I tried to drift back into sleep, with my lullaby playing.

“I don’t think so, Lucia. I’m leaving soon. Get up.” Vincent’s voice sounded as the humming stopped. I sat up so quickly it made my head spin. He was sitting on the edge of the bed looking down at me. I smiled and jumped onto him, hugging him tightly.

“I missed you!” I screeched.

“I’ve missed you too, my dear. I told you to stay out of trouble. You never listen.” He laughed and ruffled my hair playfully.

“You’re leaving again so soon?” I asked, pleading him to stay with my eyes.

“I have to, Lucia. I still have not found my brother.” He said solemnly.

“Um…Then may I go with you?” I asked him hopefully.

“Why would you want to do that?” He asked.

“I miss you. I want to be near you. Please?”

“I don’t know Lucia.” He seemed deep in thought.

“Please? I’ll behave. I promise.”

“Okay.” He smiled, “But you have to do everything I tell you to do the moment it escapes my lips. I mean it. You’re putting yourself in a dangerous position.” I smiled and hugged him tighter.

“You know I haven’t stopped thinking about our bath time together.” I smile, neither had I.

“I’ve been thinking a lot lately.”

“Yes?” He asked as he began leaving tiny kisses down my neck.

“I wouldn’t mind losing my virginity to you, Vincent.” He smiled against my skin.

“Really now?” He whispered in my ear.

“Yes.”

“What made you think of that?” He asked, still planting kisses.

“The way you make me feel when you touch me or bite me. I love it. I want more of it. I want to be yours.” I told him sincerely.

“You’ll always be mine. I own you. What about when I hurt you, don’t you think you’ll regret it then?” He asked, stopping the kisses to stare into my eyes.

“No. I don’t. If you hurt me I cause it in some way. Maybe the punishment doesn’t always fit the crime, but there is always a crime.”

“Very good, Lucia. That makes me happy to hear. As much as I enjoy all of this talk about me getting some, I think it’s time you pack your bags.” He told me, as he stood up and walked over to the closet.

“I guess so.” I sighed, following him.