New Friends (Forty)

Lucia:

                I was happy about meeting his friends finally. I was happy that we would be swimming. I was happy that his father cared enough to contact him. I was not happy about wearing a bathing suit in front of people. I knew my skin wrapped tightly around my bones. I was terrified of people seeing me like this. Vincent must have sensed that something was wrong because he stopped his game of tag with Sarah and came over to sit with me on the grass.

                “What is it Lucia?” His hand was resting comfortingly on my back.

                “I’m nervous.” I told him looking down.

                “About what? Meeting my friends?”

                “No, it’s how I’m going to meet them.”

                “How?” I could hear the utter confusion in his voice.

                “Yes, how. A pool party.” I shuddered.

                “You don’t like swimming.” He sighed.

                “No, I do. I really do. I’m worried about the swim suit, though.”

                “If you say you’re fat I’m going to tickle you to death.” He told me in a deadly tone that sent shivers up my spine.

                “No, I’m too thin.”

                “Sweetie, they know that I locked you down there with minimum food sources. They understand, and you’re sexy as hell.” He growled the last part in my ear, causing butterflies in my stomach.

                “You really think so?”

                “Of course, in fact, you don’t want to read my thoughts right now because you’ll be so disturbed by what I’d love to do to you.”

*************

Vincent:

                Lucia was in our room getting dressed, so I got the door when my friends arrived.

                “Long time no see!” Blaine yelled while pulling me into a hug. His hair and eyes were light brown.

                “I know. I’ve been awfully busy.” I replied to him.

                “Hey Vincent.” Paul greeted. He had black hair and green eyes, he was also gay. He was a great friend.

                “Hey everyone. We don’t have much time until my beautiful bride-to-be gets finished so I am just going to go ahead and tell you all again. She’s very skinny and very nervous about people seeing her in a bathing suit, so I need you guys to not stare and be nice. Okay?” I told them quickly and quietly. I was worried about Lucia hearing me. A normal new born wouldn’t be able to yet, but Lucia is progressing faster than any of them I’ve seen.

                They all agreed and got very silent as Lucia walked down the stairs. I walked over to her and took her hand.

Lucia:

                Vincent took my hand and I looked at all of the people in the room. There were four guys and three girls. They were all exceptionally beautiful.

                “Guys, this is Lucia.” He told them, holding up our hands a bit. Then they all introduced themselves.

                “Hi Lucia! I’m Anna.” A girl with dark brown hair and blue eyes told me.

                “I’m Blaine.” A boy with light brown hair and eyes spoke.

                “France.” She had bright orange hair and pale green eyes.

                “Noel.” Dirty blonde hair with black eyes, he had.

                “I’m Jaque.” (pronounced Jack). A girl with bright blue eyes and blonde hair greeted with a wave.

                “Finally it’s my turn!” The last one, the male with black hair and green eyes, ran to me and pulled me into a hug. “I’m Paul!” He squeeled.

                “Haha, hi everyone.” I waved when our hug was finished.

                “You know, Vincent, I don’t think Blaire was right at all.” Noel said thoughtfully.

                “Right about what?” Vincent was confused.

                “Blaire says that your new bride is a disgusting thing. She’s rather beautiful. Don’t you think so, France?” He turned to France and took her hand.

                “Oh, of course. I would kill for features like yours.” I smiled and thanked them.

                “ Shall we go and get this party started?” Paul asked excitedly.

                “Yes, I suppose we should.