All the soldiers were getting ready, standing in their formations. Han Suyin organized it so that the more older soldiers were in the front. She wanted to younger ones to be shown too, but, since she was going to try and intimidate the people of Jiandan, she couldn't have the inexperienced ones in the front.

The soldiers didn't have much of an opinion about this, rather, the older soldiers were satisfied that the younger ones could be behind them because if something went wrong, they could always protect them. This was also something that Han Suyin prepared for.

"Listen up, everyone!" Han Suyin walked to the front and yelled. "You're going to leave the base today. Some of you might have not even seen the outside world, all you know is this place. This visit to Jiandan can be somewhat unpredictable, and we don't know what to expect, but, I will make sure that all of you return here safe."

"Yes, Leader Han!" The soldiers shouted in unison, down on one knee.

Han Suyin told them a few other things while they were getting prepared.

"Is everybody ready?"

"Yes, we are, Leader Han!"

"Perfect."

...

Han Suyin was leading her army to leave the base when a thought came into her mind. She stopped walking and told Fu Guan to continue leading the army out, while she headed back to her hut. Fu Guan, confused, didn't say anything and continued leading them out.

When he got through the pathway, he was in the area that was full of trees. While walking, the soldiers' footsteps matched, vibrating the ground. Suddenly, a branch fell from the top of one of the trees. Fu Guan stopped in his steps, so did the soldiers.

Some of the multi-skilled soldiers had already pulled out their bow and arrow, aiming at the top of the tree. They were about to shoot when Fu Guan halted them. A little head peeked out from the top of the tree. It was the little girl.

"What are you doing here, Biyu?" Fu Guan asked the little girl.

"Go home, Leader Han will not be happy about this." He tried to tell her.

"Who gives a damn about what she thinks! I'm ready to go outside!" The little girl Biyu screamed.

"Your death wish." Was the reply she got from Fu Guan.

Although Fu Guan wanted to know what Han Suyin was up to, he still continued leading everyone through the trees, when finally, they made it out. Fu Guan told everyone to rest for a bit since it a few hours had already passed. Han Suyin told him to take some cavalry as well when they were discussing her plan before.

There were a few of them, but not many. They dismounted from their horses and went to give them a drink of water. While resting, a person came riding on a horse. He was wearing the Jiu military's badge and looked like a message boy. Fu Guan told the soldiers to not worry and went to the boy.

"Where is Han Xiu?" The boy said.

"Han... Xiu?" Fu Guan repeated what the boy said, confused.

"Where is Captain Han? Commander Bai sent a letter."

"Why don't you give me the letter and I'll give it to Captain Han." Fu Guan tried to get it from him.

"Sorry, Commander Bai told me to hand it to him personally."

Fu Guan furrowed his brows and didn't answer.

The message boy sighed. He yelled out to the soldiers, "Where is Captain Han?"

"He's here." A deep, magnetic voice was heard from the trees. Getting out of the forest riding on Ben, the handsome and absolutely breath-taking man emerged. He rode all the way up to the message boy while the soldiers watching were completely frozen.

Han Xiu jumped down from his horse and started to walk closer to the boy. When he passed by Fu Guan, he flicked his scarred brow up for a second before it went back down. Fu Guan immediately understood what was trying to be said and laughed loudly.

"Ah, yes. Here's Captain Han."

Biyu's eyes were stuck on the mysterious man that emerged from their base. She had never seen him before, she knew everyone at the base. The man's gaze flickered to her for a second before he looked at the message boy. Faced with the mysterious man's charming eyes, even if it was for a split-second, Biyu's face slowly started to turn red.

"What was the letter you had for me?" Han Xiu asked the boy.

"H-here it is, Captain Han." The boy got off his horse and handed the envelope sealed with wax that had 'Han Xiu' written on the front with strong characters.

"Captain Han?" The boy nervously asked.

"Hm?"

"Who are all these people? Aren't all the soldiers back at the base?" The boy questioned, scared.

"Well, these are recruits for the army, I was sent here to train them." Han Xiu lied flawlessly.

"A-alright."

"Thank you for the letter, Dai Tou. Safe travels." Han Xiu called the message boy by his nickname and bid him farewell.

"Y-you too, Captain." The boy flushed and bowed deeply before mounting on his horse and speeding out.

Once he left, Han Xiu let out a chuckle. The sound made Biyu blush more than she already was. Fu Guan walked up to Han Xiu and was about to slap him.

"Careful, old man. The makeup will smudge." Han Xiu smirked and held Fu Guan's arm that was about to swing down on him.

Fu Guan stopped what he was doing and laughed again. "It really is you."

"In the flesh."

...

Hey guys! I know I said that this chapter would be more adventurous but I underestimated the length of the chapter if I added the journey as well as the confrontation.

Would you guys mind if I took these chapters and merged them together to make it longer? I don't think an arc that has 40 chapters would be interesting anymore! 

Thanks for reading!