Xu Qiang - 1.16

Xu Qiang regained her senses and opened her eyes. She saw that she was in a bedroom that looked simple yet classy.

It wouldn't hurt to sleep for a bit more.

Xu Qiang was about to close her eyes again but she got curious about how she suddenly fainted.

'Arlo?'

'Yes, host?

'Why did I faint?'

'This is a sign that you've fulfilled Xu Qiang's wishes.'

'So will I faint like this all the time?'

'No. Since this is your first world, the impact was a bit more harsh, next time you'll probably only get a bloody nose.'

'Alright.'

He Mingyu walked into the room while Xu Qiang was talking to Arlo.

"Mr. He, how are you today?" She asked politely when she saw him come in.

"Really?" He said disbelievingly.

"What?"

"You're asking me how I am?"

"Well yeah, both of our partners cheated on us, with each other. You must be feeling hurt too."

"You are such a fool, Miss Xu."

"Says you. I would think that someone as influential as you would know where your girlfriend is all the time!"

"...I'm too busy to keep track of her." He Mingyu defended himself.

"It's alright Mr. He, you were too good for her anyways."

"...You were too good for your fiance as well." He Mingyu muttered under his breath.

"What's that?" Xu Qiang asked questioningly.

"Nothing."

Xu Qiang smiled at him trying to hide what he said.

It seems like he has a heart afterall.

"Don't stress, Mr. He, I saw Ye Ping and she didn't seem like a good match for you."

"Your fiance doesn't seem like the perfect person for you either."

"My ex-fiance now."

"...Yeah."

"I didn't think that a person like Ye Ping would be your type."

"...And what would be my type, Miss Xu?"

"Hmm, maybe someone who doesn't cheat on you?"

"...Very funny."

"You're not laughing."

"...Exactly."

He Mingyu and Xu Qiang started bickering about who's ex-partner was worse, making He Shun, who was waiting outside, feel awkward.

He wanted to check on his jiejie, but it seemed like He Mingyu and Xu Qiang were debating very seriously.

He became tired of listening to his brother and jiejie fight over something so stupid so he opened the door and saw He Mingyu and Xu Qiang inches away from each other.

He Mingyu, who didn't notice the distance between Xu Qiang and him, finished off by saying,

"At least I dated her for a little bit. You stayed with that brat all your life."