Beautiful Tragedies

Mattie fell to the floor stunned as Jerome stood over her. Elizabeth and Douglas attempted to get to their feet to aid her. Douglas's eyes were streaming with the effort.

"STAY BACK!" Jerome suddenly ordered. "LET HER ALONE."

Mattie lowered her hands to cover the wound expecting a mass of blood, but there was nothing. Not even a wound. She looked up at Jerome confused he was grinning at her delighted.

"Whats...whats going on?" Demanded Mattie. Jerome stayed silent. "You stabbed me I saw...I felt."

"I told you you would find out what your power was." He finally said with glee.

"She's a re-generator?!" Elizabeth asked dumb founded. Douglas and Mattie stared at her confused but Jerome was nodding. "Michael was one."

"But sadly Michael wasn't immortal like our dear Mattie. Was he?" Cooed Jerome. Elizabeth gave him a look of fear and sorrow.

"How do you know about Michael?!"

"Never mind that!" Douglas chimmed. "Mattie's immortal?!"

"Yes!" Jerome said sharply obviously bored. "And now I'm going to take her and leave the rest of you here to die." He grabbed Mattie roughly by the upper arm and hauled her up to display his power.

"Say goodbye." Hissed Jerome in her ear. Mattie stood there shivering and too emotional to speak. Elizabeth slowly but surely stood, Douglas joined her. Jerome stood there amused watching them. then Elizabeth shouted. "NOW ARNIE!"

As if he'd been electrified Arnie sprang to life and with a flash he portal-ed next to Mattie.

"Move." He whispered in her ear and she did so. Then he opened up a portal directly behind Jerome. "What are you doing?!" Jerome barked.

"This is for my family!" Arnie proclaimed as he portal-ed directly in front of Jerome. He effortlessly brought up his leg and kicked Jerome square in the chest.

What happened next they all witnessed in slow motion. Jerome fell backwards but before his body met the portal he drew a sword and flung it. Then he disappeared into the abyss of the portal.

Arnie and Mattie smiled at each other and she fell into his arms. "Where did you send him?" She questioned.

"Somewhere he can't come back from."

They both began to walk towards Douglas. Arnie stopped in his tracks. Something was wrong. Douglas was sprawled on the floor and Elizabeth was kneeling next to him desperately attempting to salvage his ever decaying body.

The sword Jerome had thrown had found its target. Mattie dashed to his side but Arnie just stood there helpless.

"Elizabeth take it out! You must be able to heal him!"

"It''s no use Mattie! The blade was dipped in poison." Elizabeth explained sadly. But she could see that Mattie wasn't going to except this so she took it out for her sake.

"Mattie." Douglas groaned.

"Yes Dougie I'm here, I'm here!"

"I'm hurting you and I'm sorry. But I love you." He whispered

"Don't you do that! Don't you say your goodbyes. You are not going to die. We'll save you we will. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, we've both had experience with that." Douglas carried on and gave a little smile.

"I'll save you I will!" But Douglas had gone still.

"Mattie.." Elizabeth began.

"I'm going to save him! I will! I will!" Mattie continued ceasing to cry and shaking Douglas. She carried on like this while the others watched filled with the emptiness that would never again be filled.

THIS CHAPTER WAS EXTREMELY HARD TO WRITE THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO AND I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANY FEEDBACK YOU MIGHT HAVE AND COMMENT IF YOU HAVE READ FROM THE BEGINNING AND I MAY FOLLOW YOU OKAY BYE *AWKWARDLY WAVES*