Land Shark

The beach was beautiful. Everything I have ever read about. The ocean was a brilliant blue and the sand was warm a squishy. There were humans playing in the ocean shore, splashing, and swimming. I smile and squee as I run to the water.

"M!"

I stop just short of the water.

"M, you can't swim what are you doing?"

"But I-"

"M." Jane takes my hand. "You can not turn into a mermaid here, which means you need to swim like a normal person."

I sigh and stare out to the ocean. I want to go in so badly. I turn to where Jane walked off to. She already has a few umbrellas up. She lays her towel on the sand and I copy. Mine is blue and pink, really cute. Hers is blue and black with with little clouds.

I stare at the ocean and watch all of the idiots fight in the water, swim or build sand castles. I really want to go into the water.

"Are you listening?"

"Wut?" Jane rolls her eyes as Jill plops down next to me. In her monochrome bathing suit. "You look great!"

"Thank you! Where's your bathing suit?"

"Oh, Jane why didn't you tell me?"

She face palms and I remove my shirt. Jane stops me and stands up.

"Just wait."

"What? Why?"

"You are being watched by the perverted rapist."

"He isn't that bad. Where is he?" I look around and Jane grabs my hand Jill chortles.

"Don't look!"

I jump and turn behind me sure enough there is a pale guy who is very attractive watching me with pink eyes. I raise a brow and wave. He nods at me with a smirk.

I turn to Jane.

"That guy is too pretty and he has Offender's smirk."

She takes my hands.

"Honey, boo boo. That is Offender, humanized."

I snicker.

"Nooooo, he's too pretty."

Jill is now laughing her ass off and I walk over to them, Jane tries to hold me back. I stand infront of the men. They all give me questioning looks. I look to the one with straight black hair that is slicked back. I point both of my hands together at him.

"Slender?"

"Yes child?"

"Oh flying flounder." I step back aghast. Then run back to Jane tripping in a hole. I roll in the sand and look back at her. "Slender is hanging out with some shady people!"

They fall backwards crackling in laughter. I join them shortly too. I read my book and Jane talks with Jill. The sun gets blocked and I look up to see Candy Pop. I smile.

"Hey what's up?"

"Do you know about the game called flying fish?"

"No?" He offers her hand and stops.

"You don't need the shorts."

"Oh!" I slide them off and look at Jane who just rolls her eyes. I shrug and go with Pop. "So what is the game?"

"Watch my little Sweet Potato."

I see the guys laughing and then I hear a screaming BEN. They launch him up into the air. He screams and lands face first into the water. I smile and wince.

I turn to Pop.

"Launch me." He smiles evilly and I walk up to the guys. They all smile. "Me next?"

"Sure." Masky shrugs. He is very toned.

They have me lay down and they put their arms under me they hoist me up and I smile. I hear Jane in the background somewhere. I laugh as the guys say launch. I fly about twelve feet into the air I do a flip and smile as sparks show up at the edge of my finger tips. I go into perfect dive formation and hit the water.

It was cold and comforting, I feel myself stop moving I squirm trying to reach the surface. I dived very deep down. I kinda just float in the water. I open my eyes and see the coral reef. Fish swim to me and then around me in a flourish of colors. I smile until my lungs start to pulse. I look up and I know I won't make it. A fish swims at me from a distance as it gets bigger I see teeth and a pointed nose. I dodge it and grab it's fin.

It brings me to the oceans end. I gasp for air. I sit on top of the big fish. Holding onto its fin that is sticking out of the water. I smile and the guys cheer. I see Jane and Jill standing at the water's edge along with everyone else. I am very far away.

"Are you okay!?" Jane yells.

"YEAH! A BIG FISH HELPPED ME!"

"How are you floating? You can't swim!"

The guys look at each other nervously. I point down.

"I'M ON THE BIG FISH! BUT I NEED HELP!"

The man with white hair tosses his hat to Jane and he kinda just dives in. He is only a few feet away and he comes up for air.

"How the hell did you get on top of the shark?"

"Oh it's a shark?" I smile and gently stroke her fin. "She saved me."

"Okay so you are going to have to jump because I don't want to get bit."

"Jump?" I swing my legs around and push myself off of the shark. She swims away and hands grab me. He holds me for a moment and smiles.

"You aren't human are you?"

"Thanks for coming out here for me." I smile deflecting his question.

"Slender told me to."

I shrug.

"Thanks still." He swims me back until he can walk then he carries me. I look around. "Nice view from up here."

"Yep."

I look up at him and see him looking at me. I scoff and Jane rushes to me and pulls me from his arms. I land wonkily on my feet.

"Don't man handle her!"

"I just saved her life."

"Mako was okay, she wouldn't have hurt me."

"Who?" Jane asks.

"The shark." I shrug. She checks my forehead.

"You must be dehydrated. Come on let's-"

"Jane I'm fine! That was fun." I turn to the guys and give them a thumbs up they high five and launch Toby farther. They're hoping the shark will get him.

I turn to Offender as Jane places a towel on my shoulders. I smile and coax him down a little. I whisper in his ear.

"Thank you and please be quiet about anything you have learned and I will be quiet about you squeezing my butt."

He scoffs and turns to me.

"Not as daft as you pretend to be."

I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Thanks again!"

I run to Jane with a big ol' grin on my face. She smothers me and I decide to walk down the beach to get away from her.

"Yo Jeff!"

"Yeah?" He calls back launching EJ into the water.

"Wanna walk?"

"Toats ma goats." He skips over to me.