All the crying exhausted her, once again letting her sleep with tears-stained cheeks.

"Oh my God...."

That voice woke Jennie up. It came from Mrs. Manoban, who is now beside her, hands on top of Lisa's.

She and her husband were focused on Lisa, whose eyes were still covered with a bandage while her lips were dry but are parted as if... as if she's trying to talk.

Jennie's eyes widened as she stood up.

"Lisa, honey," Mrs. Manoban cried.

Jennie felt breathless, not knowing what to do nor act.

A doctor rushed to Lisa's side, checking her vital signs and trying to talk to her.

"Can you remember what happened?" the doctor asked.

Jennie's heart pounded hard on her chest as they all fell silent in the room, while the machine monitoring Lisa's pulse went louder.

"Calm down, Miss Manoban," the doctor said once again when Lisa's hand went to the bandage around her eyes, "Your eyes were affected from the accident, so you need to put on a bandage for a few weeks for the healing process."

Jennie's vision became blurry with tears pooling on her eyes, relief flooding her now that Lisa's finally awake.

"Jennie..."

It was what Lisa kept trying to say so hard since she woke up, and finally succeeded on saying with a weak voice.

Lisa's parents looked at who their daughter was asking for, and for once, they looked glad that Jennie's in the room.

Funny enough, things don't always turn out the way everyone expects them to be as Jennie, taking steps back got them puzzled.

With tears on her eyes, she turned her back on them and left the room.

The weak blonde on the hospital bed, however, felt like something was wrong. She knew Jennie was there. She just always know whenever Jennie's looking at her.

She breathes through Jennie's presence whenever she's around. She doesn't need eyes to confirm she was there.

So four months later, finally with her parents' permission-although God knows she didn't need anyone's permission-she flew to New York.

She have a promise to keep, although the woman left her on that unstable state.

~

-jennie-

She must resent me a lot.

If she did, then it would make it easier for me to move on.

But who is she kidding? It's been two months of grieving in New York. She's barely surviving. Grad school is tough enough, and it's the only thing that takes Jennie's mind off her.

"Hey gorgeous," someone from behind tells her, making her jump like a nervous cat.

Jennie placed her hand on her chest while taking out a long breath.

"You scared the hell out of me, Mino."

"I thought that was your heart finally beating for me," he winks flirtingly, while Jennie grimaced.

"Not a chance."

Song Mino has been like that since day one. They met in class, and he's also Korean, probably one of the reasons why he thought that they had a lot of similarities, making him think they were soulmates or something.