ONE

"Have a nice stay at Hightown, sir"

"Thank you, ma'am"

The air hostess' lips curved into yet another fake smile to the certain hazel eyed gentleman.

He made his way through the busy airport and finally reached the exit.

"Sir" He called out an grumbling old man "Can you please tell me where the cab stand is?"

"This is Hightown, boy" the bald man replied "Here, there are no stands. Just whistle and wait"

Such a handsome, tall and well-built, if only he didn't limp. The man thought before turning back and walking to his destination.

The curly headed boy did as he told and after five minutes of trying, finally a generous cab driver decided to respond to him.

"Where do you wanna go, buddy?" He said as he poked his head out of the window.

"Uptown"

He sighed of relief.
"Let me help you with the luggage"

He gave his luggage to the helpful cabbie who probably felt pity due to his disability. He made himself comfortable in the front seat while placing the crutches carefully on the backseat as the driver pulled the four wheeler to the highway.

"For once, I thought you'll tell me to drive to downtown." The cabbie who revealed his name to be Paul,  admitted.

"Why what's wrong there?" He asked confused.

"Looks like you're new here."

"Yeah...first time in Hightown" He shrugged.

"Be safe" The cabbie warned "By the looks of you, I'll tell get out of this town as soon as possible. Hightown, is a place where hell set loose. Drugs, mafia, extortion, black money everything is very normal here. It's not a place for people like you"

He could sense a feeling of fear and anxiety as soon as he stepped his foot on this mysterious town. But he came here with a motive and he shall fulfill it before leaving.

"Hightown is not ruled by any king or minister" The cabbie continued "It's ruled by gangs and gangsters. You see that hole" He said while pointing towards the roof of the car.

"That's done in a shootout in the Downtown few months back. The city is ruled by three gangsters and every now and then there's a fight between them and many innocent people are killed"

The curly headed lad nodded sadly, emphasizing with the common people living here. I should complete my work and leave the city as soon as possible.

"Enough about me, tell me something about yourself" Paul insisted.

"What do you wanna know?" He raised his eyebrow.

"What is your-"

"How many members are there in your family?" He interrupts the car driver.

Paul nods disappointedly as he was interrupted but nonetheless responded.

"Three, me, my wife and my child Nancy"

"Great!"

Paul smiled at him and was about to charge him with another question when he again interrupted.

"Where do you-"

"Can you take me to the bar first, I don't wanna go to the hotel now?"

Paul was surprised. Bar? In this early morning. Is the lad crazy? He looked like a nice lad, not a drinker. Well, one should never judge a book by it's cover.

He refrained himself from asking any more questions as he quite understood that the lad was not interested in answering any of his questions.
But I don't even know his name.

"There you go" Paul said as he pulled in a parking lot of the only bar in Hightown.

"Thank you!" The lad said as he grabbed his crutches from the backseat. "Wait for me! I'll come in a minute"

"Can you at least answer my one question?" Paul pleaded to the lad who slammed the car door.

"Sure, why not?"

"Who are you and why did you come to this dreaded city of Hightown?"

"I'm Edward Styles from London and I'm here to find my brother, Harry Styles" And with that he went into the smelly pub.

Paul choked on his saliva.

"H-h-harry Styles"

-----------------------------

Question for the day

Why did Edward go to the bar, this early morning?

Why did Paul choke after hearing Harry's name?