TWELVE

Edward just finished showering and was coming out from the bathroom when he saw James fumbling with his phone

Thank God! It's fingerprint locked.

James eyes shot up as soon as he saw Edward coming out and he sauntered towards him as if he is accusing him of something.

"Do you know Harry Styles?" James interrogated, squinting his eyes and pointing to the lock screen of his phone which was a pic of Harry.

Edward contemplated on telling him the truth because of the past events, but then James has been so kind to him, at least he can tell him the truth.

"I-I'm his brother, Edward Styles" Edward stuttered, already closing his eyes for an impending punch, slap or any kind of abuse, but nothing came.

Instead, he came up with another allegation.

"Harry never told he had a brother."

"Well, that's because we were not in- wait, you know Harry?", Edward asked as realisation dawned upon him.

"Well, he was my boyfriend. I couldn't possibly forget him." James said with a monotonous voice.

Boyfriend? But Harry's boyfriend was Niall. That means- shit shit, I'm so fucking dumb. Blue eyes, Irish accent, pale skin. I should've known. I'm an idiot.

Edward couldn't contain his excitement.

"You're Niall Horan!" He exclaimed

"Yes, you doofus" Niall chuckled "You're as slow as your brother"

Edward couldn't believe this. Niall fucking Horan, his brother's boyfriend was standing just in front of him, alive and breathing. Finally, his search for his brother ended. He'll now see his brother and go back to London. Everything will be alright.

Edward almost jumped on Niall, engulfing into a tight hug.

He knows it's wrong, hugging a stranger especially who's your own brother's boyfriend is totally odd.

Niall pushed him away, not too harshly cause he could see the boy's excitement.

"Whoa, calm down Har-Edward" Niall said smiling "You know you look exactly like him, except you don't have any tattoos, your eyes are grey and your not muscular"

"Where's he?" Edward asked grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Who?"

"Harry!" Edward almost shouted.
Are they not together anymore?

"I don't know" Niall mumbled sadly.

They're not together anymore.

All the excitement on Edward's face was replaced by a frown.

"You're not together anymore?" Ed asked carefully.

"No, no. Nothing like that. I mean-" Niall sighed "I need to explain the whole thing to you"

Edward was partly relieved. He was happy that they didn't break up but sad that he still doesn't know where his brother is.

"So, listen carefully" Niall began "I just woke up from coma two months ago. I asked my doctor about my condition, he said that the hospital staff found me lying unconscious in my house in a pool of blood. It looked like someone hit my head or something, but it was definitely not a accident. After that, I was in coma for seven months before waking up two months ago.

As my brain sustained some internal injury, a part of my memory is washed. Don't worry, I remember Harry, Liam and everything else. Only the memory of how I got myself in that situation is washed out. After the hospital authorities allowed me to walk away from there, I immediately went to Harry's house but found out that somebody else was living there. Same with Liam's house. Apparently, Harry and Liam both were missing from the same day, I got hit. And the people who are responsible for all this are now after me. Hence, I had to put on a disguise and change my name in order to still study in the same Uni, but now I take online classes"

Edward gulped. He never knew that the situation was this bad.

"So, you have no idea where they are?"

"No" Niall tried his best to stop the tears falling from his eyes, but he couldn't. All the happy memories of Harry and Niall was flashing through his head and he just couldn't take it anymore.

"B-but I know a person who may know where they can be or what happened" Niall croaked out.

"Who?"

"Johnny, he was in the gang with Louis and Zayn"

"Where can I find him?"

--------------------

Edward stood outside the building Niall told him. It was a travel company and Edward couldn't understand why in the world would a ex-gang member open a travel company.

Anyways, this man is his last and only hope to find Harry and he don't want to lose the opportunity with his useless questions.

He walked into the office, which was humongous and crystal clean. He made his way to the reception and asked for Johnny who said that he was in the parking lot right now.

As he sauntered his way to the parking lot, he saw a middle-aged, bald man scolding another man.

The man was properly dressed but something in his mind told him that he's the person he's looking for.

As he finished talking, or more like barking at the smaller lad, Ed made his presence noticeable by tapping his shoulder.

"Is this Mr. Johnny?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"I'm Edward Styles, Harry's brother"

"You mean Harry Styles, our leader!" Johnny exclaimed.

"Umm, yes. Hav-"

"Thank god, you're alive! They didn't try to kill you?" Johnny pulled him into a hug

"Who?" Ed said as he pulled out of the hug.

"The same people who killed your brother and Liam" he stated.

Wait.

My brother was murdered?

Harry Styles is dead?

--------------

Don't hate me please!
Harry had to be killed for plot purposes!
But atleast Niall is alive and Harry's twin brother is here!