THIRTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT  -  GOODBYE, DAD

When the teens arrived at the Château, John B was already there

When the teens arrived at the Château, John B was already there. He hadn't seen them, and he was walking towards the dock. Brizo saw he was carrying something in his hands, and followed her brother. 

Kiara tried to go with her, but JJ grabbed her shoulder and told her it was best to let them alone, to which she nodded and then they both went inside. 

Brizo sat next to her brother in the dock. He looked at up her and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Bee... I didn't stay with you" He said. 

"It's okay. I guess you were in shock" She nodded. "I, uhm... I passed out" John B looked at her with wide eyes filled with worry, "but I'm okay now, so... It's okay" 

"Fuck, I'm really sorry. About everything. I truly am, Bee" John B felt the tears streaming down his face. 

He had made a little boat with some wood he found and he put leaves and little branches he had found in it, with a picture of their dad with them. Brizo stared at it, and pulled out from her back pocket a lighter. 

"I guess it's time to say goodbye" She said, letting the tears run down her face. 

John B just nodded while sobbing. He handed Brizo the little boat he had made, and she lighted it up with the lighter. John B took it and placed it on the water. They stared at it, watching it burning as the tide moved it away from them. The twins held hands and sobbed together. 

"You were right all along. He isn't coming back" John B cried. 

"I wish I had been wrong, Johnny boy" She put her head on his shoulder. "I miss him" She sobbed. 

"I miss him too" 

"Goodbye, dad" Brizo whispered between sobs. 

═══════☆═══════

The sunlight woke up Brizo up, who was still on the dock. The twins had fallen asleep between sobs. She sat down straight and looked around her. John B wasn't there with her. 

She stood up and she saw her brother in the distance walking towards her. 

"Good morning" She muttered. "Where were you?" 

"I went to check the Crain house. Ward took all the gold" He sat next to his sister.

"All of it?" 

"Yeah" 

Brizo sighed. Of course Ward would take from them the last thing they had from their father.