NINETEEN (II)

Update: okay, so, there's been a little mistake and I uploaded the wrong chapter lmao. so as an apology, you're getting a double update, sorry 'bout that again <3

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE - HAPPY FAMILY

I'm sitting with JJ in our front yard. My legs are on his lap, and he keeps rubbing them, caressing my skin, and letting his fingertips dance through my skin. I took his bandana, and I replaced the one I had on my hair with his.

I figured it was time to stop wearing my brother's stuff, you know, since he's alive and everything. I don't need to keep mourning him. And besides, I think JJ isn't really into the idea of me wearing my brother's things anymore either.

"She's gonna slap him, wait and watch." I say, taking a sip from my beer.

We've been patiently waiting for a while now. Placing bets on who was going to slap who, and if JB was going to confront Sarah about the whole marriage thing.

"Nah, she won't." JJ taps my leg. "Too nice for that."

"Kie slapped John B once." I shrug.

"Yeah, 'cause it's Kie. She could take Sarah anytime." He takes a sip of his beer.

John B and Sarah are still talking, but the stiffness in my twin's face, and the way he keeps avoiding looking at his wife, tells me something's not going right.

"On a scale from one to ten," I start asking JJ with a sly look. "How bad of an idea do you think it would be if we got married?"

"Off the charts. Let's do it." He answers with a grin, no hesitation.

I laugh and I sit up straight, scooting closer to him until I'm practically sitting on his lap. I peck his lips, but it's not enough for him, so he puts his hand on my throat, making me smirk, and pulls me softly to him, connecting our lips again.

"I'd do it, you know?" He whispers against my mouth. "I'd marry you in a heartbeat."

It's so stupid and silly the way he keeps making me blush, and keeps giving me butterflies in my stomach after all this time. We may have been officially dating for days, but we've been together for years.

It's strange how that works. How you feel so drawn to someone else that they occupy all your thoughts, and they take your breath away and make your heart skip a beat just by looking at you.

It feels surreal that it is happening to me. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve him.

"Someday, JJ. But not now. We haven't even finished high school." I joke and he laughs.

"We could be Bonnie and Clyde."

"I hope the fuck not." I snort, and JJ frowns, clearly not knowing how that story ended. "Baby, the cops killed them."