TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - PROMISES HARD TO KEEP

Kiara dropped Brizo and JJ at the Château and then she left to go home

Kiara dropped Brizo and JJ at the Château and then she left to go home. The pair walked inside and Brizo lit a few candles, since they still hadn't electricity on the cut. 

She was feeling much better. Her breathing went back to normal in the ride home and the only thing that worried her was JJ's wounds. 

"Okay, go to the bathroom and wait for me there" She said. He just nodded and left the room. 

Brizo looked for the first-aid kit they had at home. She knew John B had been the last one using it and he never put it back in its place. She found it on his room, and once she had it she went to the bathroom.

JJ was sitting next to the sink and he looked up at her when she walked in. 

"What are you doing?" He frowned. 

"Uh, what does it look like I'm doing?" She opened the kit and took out a few gauzes and she wetted them with hydrogen peroxide to sanitize his cuts. 

"No, Bee, stop. I can do it myself, you should be resting" He tried to stop her.

"Shut up. I'm fine. You're the one who got beat up" She slightly touched one of his cuts just above his eyebrow, and he groaned. "I'm sorry" 

She cleaned the ones she thought were worse first, and then she went to his lip. He had a cut but it didn't seem to be too bad. She repeated the process, apologizing everytime the boy groaned.

"Hey, now we have matching lip cuts" She joked. 

"Fuck, Brizo" He pushed her aside and stormed out of the room. 

"What the fuck, JJ?" She whispered before following him outside. 

He wasn't in the house, so she thought he could've gone out. She left the house and she saw him walking away from the Château. 

"Wait! Where the fuck are you going?" She yelled trying to catch up with him. 

"I'm going home" He just said. 

"Why? What did I do?" She grabbed his shoulder making him turn around and stop. 

"You think it's funny, Brizo?" He snapped at her and she looked at him confused. "You think it's funny that Rafe beat you up?" 

"You're mad at me because Rafe hit me?" She yelled. 

"No! Fuck! I'm mad at you because you could've died and you act like you don't fucking care!" 

"JJ, I'm fine! I'm fucking fine, can't you see?" 

"You didn't look fine with Rafe's hands around your throat" He slowly let the words come out of his mouth, glaring at her. 

"So what did you want me to do? Uh? Stay in my seat like a pretty little good girl while you got beat up?" She threw her hands in the air. "That's what you wanted me to do?"