Part XXIV: Reyaeth Kingdom III

Start from the beginning

"I learnt this from my father. He also tortured woman here to make them obedient. They became the prefect slaves once he was done with them," Rheya emotineslly said."But I'm different. I love all of my girls and I'm doing this for the sake of my kingdom. Obedient subjects under a great empress can only bring prosperity and happiness to all."

"Purposely inflicting pain on other in a way you do can never be justified!" I said.

"You don't understand me at all!"Rheya yelled but immediately took a deep breath to calm herself."But soon you'll come to realize I'm right and then you'll be on your knees beginning me to forgive you all the rude behavior."

"That girl is no good," the captive girl cynical said."She won't be able to serve you well."

"Only you can?" Rheya asked her.

"Yes,"she happily said.

Rheya lighty hit her on the head."I didn't teach you to be like this, butterfly. Caly here will be one of your best friends when I'm done with her. Didn't I teach you that baseless envy on other girls is the worst thing in this world?" She angrily glared at her.

The girl had a sad apologetic look on her face as she muttered sorry. "Do you want to play with Calytrix, too? We should all be friends."

She nodded and Rheya slowly untied her ropes. "Let's all be friends," both of them said at the same time.

One crazy girl was more than enough. I could barely handle one, but two, that was impossible. Their vision of fun was probably way different than mine.

If only I could cast a spell. Without magic I felt weak as young child. The weakness within me reminded me of the times when I was a helpless child and needed protection from adults. I relied on my parents even though I could use magic since birth, but now that I'm an adult, alone on a journey there was nobody except myself I could rely on. Help won't be coming. I'm sure that the fire spirit would gladly help but it must have been stopped by the water spirit. As a witch I need to pave my own path and this is just one of the life trials all of us go through.

Rheya was once a kid too. She must have had times when she felt helpless and lonely just as I was. Growing up as a princess in comparison to a witch, a commoner must have been different but both of us must have had our fair share of problems. If she is repeating what her father was doing he must have been insane and evil too. Growing up with bad role models can have a terrible impact on young children.

"Lost in thoughts, Caly? That won't help you escape." Rheya smirked. She and her prisoner stood close to me and examined me in a strange way. They were looking at me but differently from a way a normal person would gaze at someone. They were focusing on some points but I wasn't sure on which ones and why.

"Let's use that one!" the curly blonde girl said. I had no idea what she meant and I was a bit terrified to find out.

Rheya stopped her movements to think about it.

"Dearest empress Rheya, let's use that one. Please, please," the prison girl started her annoying plea.

Listening to their crazy conversations was a type of torture on its own.

"Fine! Let's use that one if you insist so much," Rheya gave in and the girl beamed with a smile. It seemed like a nice smile but everything in here was twisted. "But Caly needs to change her position if we use it," Rheya continued.

"Leave it to me dearest empress!" the girl proudly said as she was jumping from one leg to another. It seemed like she was excited."I can be trusted!"

"Fine, if you insist so much, but you better not mess up," Rheya looked with eyes full of doubt.

"No problem. I know exactly what to do. You played with me a lot so I know everything," the girl happily said."It's time I show my knowledge." Rheya and the girl went to examine the equipment in the far back. From my position in seemed to be covered in layers of dust but the girl happily hummed a melody while she cleaned it.