one

BLAKE

"Blake," Mum sighed, resting her hand against her forehead, "You know you can't get into trouble any more. That school is on the verge of suspending you...again"

I frowned at her, pulling my water bottle from school bag. "Yeah, I know. But come on! I'm hardly ever on my phone, and one of the very few times I'm on it, I get caught and get sent straight to the principal's office!"

"Well, from what I've heard, it sounded like it wasn't the first time you weren't paying attention," Mum replied, "I know you'd rather be reading or writing, but you have to suffer through it, alright? You'll get there one day, baby" With that, she left me alone in the kitchen. I drank the little bit of water that was left and rushed down the hallway, throwing my door open and walking into my familiar room. My succulents were still by the window, getting as much sunlight as possible, and To Kill a Mockingbird was still lying on bed where I had thrown it this morning. Sunlight spilled through the lace curtains, blinding me momentarily.

Angrily, I threw my bag onto the seat by my desk and fell back onto my bed, staring at the roof. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, but waited a little while before answering.

UNKNOWN: you can thank maryse for giving me your number!!! :-)

BLAKE: uh...cool but who the hell are you?

UNKNOWN: calum!! the guy from the office today??

UNKNOWN: i called you a white girl wannabe??

BLAKE: oh you're that asshole

CALUM: you have a quite an attitude, did you know that?

BLAKE: go away. i have homework to do

CALUM: okay but before you go!!

CALUM: would you like some of my old band tees? i don't really wear them anymore

BLAKE: what have you done to them?

BLAKE: rubbed peanut butter all over them?

CALUM: what?

CALUM: no i haven't...do you want them or not?

BLAKE: i'm allergic to nuts

BLAKE: and sure why not.

CALUM: okay i'll give them to you tomorrow

CALUM: unless you were suspended or something?

BLAKE: nope, meet me before school.

--

The next day, as I walked to my first class, Calum caught up to me holding a plastic bag full of shirts. He was grinning and this time his hair was pushed away from his face. "Take care of my babies, alright? Some of them are very fragile" He told me, holding the bag close to his chest.

"They're shirts," I dead panned, rolling my eyes. "Chill, man, I'm not going to cut them up"

"You better not," Calum warned. "Also, you better wear them!"

"I will"

"Maybe band shirts will be the thing we bond over and then fall in love"

"Sounds tempting," I smirked, already walking away. "Maybe another time!" I called over my shoulder, shaking my head.

--

hopefully the chapters get longer!!