- 40 -

(Oh FUCK an update 👉👈)
(Sorry it's kinda short I'm tryna remember the other ideas I had for this fic 😔✊)

After the answer slipped from Norman's lips, he heard footsteps. The ex-agent's gaze flicked over to the sound, his heart rate rising at the sight of Ethan. That would always be a reaction, the ex-agent knew. The messy hair and sleepy walk was precious, Norman just wanting to take his partner back to back and cuddle him again. It frankly almost hurt how much love was held for the architect, the feeling familiar yet new.

"I'm the last one up, eh?" Ethan mumbled, his morning voice forming a sweet ache in the ex-agent's heart. He adored the tone, the pitch deeper only slightly than his normal time. It was a siren's call, the ex-agent tempted to abandon breakfast to follow the call. But he held himself back, instead snorting at the comment. Shaun had already finished the pizza slice he had, running over to hug his father. As if magic, energy seemed to strike Ethan, the architect hugging his son tightly, lifing him off the ground with a laugh.

The moment was watched fondly, albeit with a bit of jealousy. The ex-agent wondered if he would ever get to have that sort of moment, or greeting. He doubted that there was any chance of the relationship being hidden for years, especially with more intimate moments that happened. How would the news of the new relationship even go for the child? Questions and worries flooded fast, but got shrugged aside immediately. He didn't want to worry Ethan so damn early after all.