- 20 -

The first thing Norman did when he woke up was look at the time. 8 o'clock. He sighed in relief, the day not wasted. He heard the shower running and took the chance to change into sweatpants and the 'fuck the police' shirt. Sitting on the edge of the desk, he grabbed the bag of snacks, finding a bag of chocolate pretzels to eat until the two could go down to the hotel's breakfast. The day after withdrawals or hallucination were always oddly calm and stable. Like the calm after a hurricane. These days were bliss yet hated. He'd rather feel like death than to feel so blissful.

The shower turned off, causing Norman to look towards the door. He heard the knob turn and the door open, some steam rushing through at the movement. He almost choked on a pretzel when Ethan walked out, a lone towel wrapped around his waist loosely. The now flustered and wide awake man looked away, not wanting to get caught looking. He could feel his heart racing and mind racing quickly. He couldn't keep a consistent train of thought, trying to keep silent. Ethan hadn't noticed him yet, which could end badly.

Swallowing, Norman tried to think of what to say. A 'good morning' felt like too casual, but anything else felt too formal. Of course now was when his mind fully went blank and halted all sort of thoughts. Eventually he mentally prepared himself before speaking, going with a casual 'good morning'. It wasn't like he'd seen the other man fully naked exactly. "Mornin'."
Of course his voice had to reveal just how awkward he was as a person.

Ethan snapped his head towards the other man, a hand going to grip the towel more stably. His face went brightly red, strands of wet hair dripping down into his widened eyes.
He looked like a siren traded his tail for legs. Alluring, beautiful...
Norman bit his lip to stop himself from continuing the description.
"Oh, um, hey Norm. Sleep well?" Ethan asked with a awkward smile, waving his other hand that clutched clothing.

The ex-agent nodded, glancing away with a small cough. He heard footsteps rush towards the bathroom again, tilting his head back and hitting the wall. "I'm a fuckin' mess." He muttered, tossing the bag of pretzels aside and hopping off the desk, looking out the window to collect himself. "One big mess..."