- 23 -

The thought was startling, completely out of whatever 'normal' thoughts the ex-agent would have. The occasional heart racing and blush was brushed off as a reaction he would have with any other person. But that sudden thought after just hearing about how he was valued as a friend was so bizarre. He didn't understand what he was feeling at that moment, overwhelmed with expanding thoughts on the same subject. He tried to remain calm, forgetting everything that was being said yet still able to reply. As if something possessed his mind yet still let some functions continue working.

He managed to excuse himself to the restroom, keeping the calm appearence up until inside, checking for anyone before gripping the sides of the sink, staring at himself in the mirror. His cheeks  were flushed, pupils slowly undilating from the expanded state they were in.
"Christ, man, keep your head straight," he hissed at his reflection. He bit his lip hoping the pain would snap away further thoughts.
They only worsened, a small shiver running through the ex-agent's body.

He shut his eyes, splashing water on his face and gasping slightly at the cold water. At least it worked to distract his thoughts. He looked at his water soaked face, brushing messy strands of hair away and taking a deep breath. He couldn't hide away for long, it'd probably bring the man of his sudden desire into the room.
This little crush needed to be broken and fast. If he was going to be sleeping in the same bed as the man for who knew how long, he needed to not have any romantic feelings for the other man.

"Christ sake, Jayden, the man's just had his heart broken," the ex-agent reminded himself, shaking his head. "He obviously wouldn't jump into a new relationship. Besides, why would he even have interest in you?"
He looked away from the mirror, not wanting to see the exact reasons why no one should want to date him. Tears welled in his eyes and were quickly wiped away, turning away and taking one final breath. He was hesitant to open the door, yet his body moved quicker than his mind in that moment.