4 | Confessions | ✓

Gon - 15

You - 14

You were sitting on the grass at a nearby park, just chatting with Gon, when he suddenly turned bright red

"You okay there, Gon?" you asked, looking at his face.

"Um, yeah, just thinking about an earlier conversation with Killua that I had," he responded, turning even more red since you caught him.

"What was the conversation about?"

"I think... I think I like someone."

You laughed a little, "You like everyone Gon."

"No, I mean, like like this person," he clarified.

"Like love?" you asked him.

"I don't think it's quite love yet, but I most definitely like them," he smiled a small smile and stared at the grass.

"Oh," you were disappointed obviously. You didn't think that Gon was mature enough to tell when he liked someone, which made it easier to conceal the fact that you liked him. However, you didn't want to get in the way of his happiness, so instead you said,

"Who's the lucky person?" 'Why?'

"You might know them. They're kind, funny, sometimes naive and a bit defensive," he said, looking up at you with a smile on his face.

"What do they look like?" 'What do they have, that I don't?'

"They... Whenever they talk about their favorite things or things they're passionate about, a huge smile takes over her face. Their eyes seem to sparkle and their face gains this kind of...Um...What's the word?... GLOW!" he shouted. Your hand clenched the grass and you masked your tears by laughing. "Oh! Why're you crying?"

"I'm just laughing so hard that it's making my face leak," You lied. You held your stomach as you tried to calm the churning feeling growing. "Anyway, continue." 'Please stop.'

"They have an amazing laugh and when they're really laughing, they snort. It's really adorable. They don't think much of themself and they don't have much confidence, so they try and cover it up with cockiness. They sometimes have an arrogant tone to their voice and when it goes away, it reveals a kind of sadness," He continued.

"You really pay attention to them, don't you?" 'Please, my heart can't take this.'

"Yeah, I want to memorize everything about them. Their snarky comments, how they easily get in fights with their brother, their lame puns, their little ticks, how sometimes they talk to fast, how they can get so absorbed in their own world they doesn't seem to realize other people are there, I want to remember everything," he said.