Chapter 18: Friendship

Start from the beginning

(Steven) Okay, then. Do you want to talk?

(Ruby) Why doesn't she agree with me? She lied about a situation just so we'd fuse! Me and Sapphire took fusion personally, that's why we are Garnet! Pearl took advantage of that.

(Steven) Sapphire said your anger was reasonable but you cannot stay angry at Pearl forever.

(Ruby) But she abused fusion and got away with it!

(Steven) Pearl is already being punished from the guilt. Besides, being angry forever won't change what happened. Your emotions are completely understandable, but if you continue to prolong it, you'll never feel better again. It's what made you split up in the first place. You don't have to forgive Pearl for her but for you.

(Ruby) I... I guess you're right. Thanks for the pep talk.

(Steven) You're welcome. Now, let's go talk to Sapphire.

They went back inside. Sapphire was on the couch, staring at the wall.

(Ruby) Sapphire, I wanted to apologive for being angry. I wasn't trying to hurt you, I was just looking for a reason to be mad.

(Sapphire) I know. You have every right to be angry. I am upset, too, but it is better for us to move on.

(Ruby) Yeah, Steven helped me understand that.

(Sapphire) I'm glad that you've come to your senses. I also want you to know that it's okay to be angry whenever you're upset, just don't hurt others with it.

(Ruby) I understand.

Ruby took a moment to pause.

(Ruby) You know what's nice about being split up?

(Sapphire) What?

(Ruby) I get to look at you.

(Sapphire) Pfft! (Laughs) Be serious.

(Ruby) There's my laffy saffy!

(Sapphire) Shh! You're embarrassing me in front of Steven!

Steven rolled his eyes at their romantic moment. He turned away to give them their privacy. After hearing laughter, it suddenly stopped and he heard footsteps approaching him.

A hand was placed on his shoulder.

(Garnet) Thank you.

(Steven) Someone had to put you back together.

(Garnet) You're right.

She pulled him into a hug, thanking him for his help.

(Steven) Okay, you can let me go now.

(Garnet) Just a little longer.

A few days later

In an area that has Warp Pad all around it, had a familiar green gem.

(Peridot) Stupid broken Warp. First the communication hub, now this is busted again. These Crystal Gems ate a menace.

A Warp Pad activated.

(Pearl) Oh, aha! Look! I was right! My plan worked perfectly.

(Peridot) What? How did you know I was here?

(Steven) We were tracking you. It wasn't hard.

(Garnet) Peridot! We're here to--

(Pearl) And you'll never get away with this!

(Peridot) Don't you gems have anything better to do than annoy me?

(Steven) No, not really.

(Pearl) Prepare to be annoyed!