Bonus Chapter: Jace's POV

Surprise!

I reached 1000 fans so I wrote this chapter as a manjor thank you. This is in Jace's POV, and it's probably one of my favorite chapters in the whole story. It's the one where Jace graduated and leaves for college after he spends the whole night with Peyton.

I'm so thankful for all of your support. Honestly, i never expected myself to get over ten fans, haha.

But regardless, I hope you like this chapter just as much as i loved writing it.

_________________

The last day.

               The last day I was going to see her for months, more probably.

               I sighed as I closed the zipper of the final suitcase and sat on it, looking around at my practically empty room besides the bare bed and the unfilled dresser. This would be my last night in this room before I head off to college. Tonight I was spending my last huzzah at Dillon’s graduation party. Of course I planned on spending my entire night with—

               “Is it time for you to go now?” Cara walked in and kicked the suitcase I was sitting on. “Don’t you have to go to Peyton?”

               I glared at her but I did agree. “Yeah… I should probably get going.”

               Cara stared at me for a few seconds before leaning down in front of me. “I have one question before I say goodbye because there’s probably a big chance that we won’t have time for that tomorrow.”

               I raised an eyebrow at my older sister. “Yeah? What is it then?”

               “Do you love her?”

               I froze but then asked dumbly, “Who do you mean?”

                “Stop being such an idiot and answer the damn question.”

               I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, a nervous habit of mine. I avoided my sister’s eyes as much as I could but I could feel them boring into mine. “It doesn’t matter if I love her or not, I’m leaving tomorrow anyways.”

               Cara just stared at me before patting me once on the back. “Just keep telling yourself that, Jace, and you’ll soon figure out how stupid you sound.”

               I sighed and put my head in my hands after she left me alone. I couldn’t tell Peyton how I felt about her and then leave the next morning for college. That wouldn’t be fair to her at all.

               I finally got up and drove myself over to the Brandt’s where there were only a few cars in the driveway so far. All of them probably held people who came to help set up. I parked behind Dillon’s car and walked up their long driveway and through the front door that was propped open with a plant.

               “Hey, Jace!” a friend named Jimmy called to me as he carried a cooler that I knew was filled with alcohol. I nodded at him and saw a glimpse of red in the kitchen so I headed over with a smile.

               She was sorting out the snacks and absent-mindedly biting her lip. She was so deep in concentration that she didn’t even notice me walk in. Deciding to have some fun with it, I snuck up behind her, placed my arms over her eyes and whispered into her ear, “Guess who.”

               She was startled a little before she took my hands away from her eyes and turned around, leaning against the table.

               “You’re late,” she accused with a joking tint in her voice.