35. The Deleted Footage

Start from the beginning

"Where? " I sighed.

"My house and you do have the address don't you? After stalking me, I expect you to know it. Come soon lover boy!" She cut the call. I texted Veer informing him about the call from Shreya.

"Okay, be safe. Ananya and I found some crucial evidence; make sure you come to my house as soon as possible." He replied. I sighed in relief that there was a lead and I hoped it was something which could prove Ayesha innocent. I rushed to drive to Shreya's house as I wanted to get over with this as soon as possible.

Shreya opened the door of her house, but to my surprise there were other unwanted guests. Samir looked at me with an evil grin on his face. The other one gave me an irritated look.

"Vihaan, meet Shaurya. He is just like you, madly obsessed with Ayesha aka her secret admirer. Might have heard of him?" Shreya commented. I looked at her confusingly. "No? Well that's new. I thought she shared everything with you, but then again she is hid the fact that she nearly killed my brother. How can you even be with that kind of person?

"Why did you call me?" I asked Shreya as I had no time for her pleasantries or stories.

"What's the hurry brother? Come, have a drink with us." Samir said offering me a bottle of beer. His presence in all this was itself very confusing. I took the beer bottle and sat with them on the couch.

"Now, shall we discuss the business boys?" Shreya started speaking. "Here is the thing Vihaan, I hate Ayesha, so much so that I want to kill her. But my friend Shaurya, doesn't want that instead he wants to take away Ayesha with him. I promised him that. His only obstacle is you and you two seem to be inseparable. Your love makes me want to puke, so why don't you just leave her to Shaurya? I will stop going behind her, Shaurya gets want he wants and you can live peacefully. Everyone benefits." I felt like killing her right there. She is doing this to hurt Ayesha. It will break her, break us and that what she wants.

"What is in it for you?" I asked Samir.

"Don't you worry about me brother but to answer your question I benefit the most out of this. My girl here gets her revenge and I get mine." He replied. "You see, I never liked you. Why would I miss the only opportunity to see you hurt?"

"What if I don't agree to this?" I asked. They looked at each other and then that other guy, Shaurya spoke angrily, "You agree to do this or not. I am taking Ayesha away no matter what."

"Cool down Shaurya!" Shreya interrupted, "You see lover boy, I like to keep my word and I take my revenge seriously. If you don't agree to this, Samir will kill her. I am sure by now you know who he is."

"My girl never lies, Vihaan. Take her seriously." Samir said seriously coming close to me.

I didn't have any choice. I knew that I was hurting Ayesha but this was extreme. She would break completely. No one knows better than me but at least she will be alive and that's what matters.

"Okay, what do you want me to do?" I asked them.

"Good choice lover boy. We want you to host a party. Ayesha will be there, so break her heart in public. Make her a joke in front of everyone by dumping her. Also I know that you have been helping your friend, Veer's mafia by being their drug carrier. I want you to do the same for my gang. Help us expand brother!" Samir said I clenched my fist. I wanted to break his face so badly.

He knows about Veer which brings him under his radar too. I hope officer Ananya has found something worth all this. "One arrow, you hit two targets. Wasn't that the phrase my love?" He said laughingly to Shreya. "Yes baby." She replied kissing him. He has completely brain washed Shreya so she won't believe me when I say that Ayesha innocent. But something tells me that Samir is benefitting more than anyone else. I need to get out of here to go to Veer and find out what is it that Samir is so involved in this. His excuse just doesn't make sense.

"So do we have a deal?" Shreya asked me.

With a heavy heart I replied, "I dump Ayesha and you no long bother her. Deal."

***

"Veer, please tell me that you guys found something to prove Ayesha innocent." I asked him as soon as I entered his house.

"I would say we have definitely hit a jackpot." Veer smiled.

"I asked some of my trusted guys to dig out the case's evidence as someone tried to destroy it. They got successful too but I was able to get CCTV camera footage of the floor in which Karan and Shreya lived a year ago. When I played it, I found out that it has been edited. The night of new year, timeline between 12:30 am to 2 am was deleted."

"It means that something happened between that time." I said to them. They nodded and Ananya continued, " I took some help and went to that same building where it all happened. I recovered the deleted footage and I think you should see this."

I was nervous but now it's time that the truth is revealed.

_________

TO BE CONTINUED...