35. The Deleted Footage

Chapter 35

The Deleted Footage

Vihaan's P.O.V

"This  proof is important. It proves that Karan Sharma did not die." I said handing out the bills to Veer and officer Ananya, cousin of Veer who was helping us in this case.

"Yes. It is an important one but it does not prove that Ayesha isn't the killer." Ananya said.

"So what do we do now?" I asked both of them. "Well, Veer and I were digging into this case's files. I read Ayesha's statements, so I think that Veer's theory can be true. But here is another angle, what if she did fire the gun and not realize it? She was in trauma and not realizing these things is normal." Ananya replied. I did not want to believe this theory, but I was afraid what if it's true? "So you are saying that Ayesha can be the culprit?"

Ananya looked at Veer for a moment and then replied to me, "Yes. It is a possibility. I am not anyone's side Vihaan but even if Karan is alive, he is still in the hospital. If allegations on Ayesha prove to be true then I am afraid she will go in for a long time for attempting murder charges."

"But wouldn't that be for self defense purposes? I mean given the possibility that she did fire the gun." I asked hesitantly. I would never even dream of this possibility but officer Ananya did have the point.

"It would take a lot of trials to prove that. So much so that it can take years to prove her innocent, until then she will be the person of interest."

I was thinking of worst possibility and anyhow I don't want to lose the one good thing in my life. I love her so much and I have to prove her innocent. For that I need to find concrete proofs. Ayesha's statement said that she did not pull the trigger, which meant that the bullet in Karan's chest would not belong to the gun which Ayesha had. "Officer, do you have the bullet that was fired from the gun that night? We can confirm whether it was from that gun which Ayesha had that night."

She shook her head, "We were asked to close the case and Karan's sister refused for the autopsy too. So we couldn't acquire it. But I think hospital staff must have it since in the cases like these they keep all the possible evidence safe."

"I can help with that. I have a reliable friend at the hospital. He can help arrange that." Veer interrupted.

"Okay, great! I will arrange the guy to take it from the hospital . Also I will dig more into this and try to recover all the evidences." Ananya  said dialing on her phone.

***

It has been three days since I last met Veer and officer Ananya. They kept me informed on the progress They advised that I should spend more time being with my friends and Ayesha, try act normal because then it would be less suspicious for Shreya and Samir. Veer couldn't manage to get the bullet as the hospital staff disposed it when the case was closed. It was like we were lost again but then Ananya has some informants who are working around the clock to get anything which can prove Ayesha innocent. Meanwhile, I was trying my best to keep her out of it. She seemed upset about me ignoring her but I had no choice because I cannot lie to her and I also didn't want her to know the truth. She would be shattered, it will be like reliving her past and it will hurt her so much. I don't want her to go through this.

I was in my room, thinking about all this when my phone rang. I was surprised that it was from Shreya. I wonder what she wants. "Hello there! Lover boy" Shreya said when I picked up the call.

"What do you want Shreya?" I groaned.

"I want you to meet me right now and come alone. If you don't, you will regret it." She replied in cocky way.

I Hate Love ✔️(under editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें