32. Secrets.

Chapter 32
Secrets.

Ayesha's P. O. V

*2 years ago*

"For whom are you waiting?" I asked Shreya when I saw her waiting outside the school.

"For my brother." she replied.

"Oh! hop in. I will drop you." I said gesturing her to sit inside my car.

"Are you sure? My brother would be arriving any moment."

" It's completely alright. Just text him saying that your friend is dropping you."

She nodded and texted her brother while sitting in the car.

"Shreya, I know what I have done is wrong. But I didn't know that you like Aveenash . Otherwise I swear I would have never dated him. I am really sorry." I said her apologetically.

" It's fine Ayesha. Even I would have told you about my crush on him. I know you would never do anything like this intentionally. It was so stupid of me for fighting with you over a boy who doesn't even know that I exist." She gave me a weak smile.

I hugged her. She was an amazing and understanding friend. I felt like I was bad friend for not noticing her feelings for Aveenash. I broke up with him as soon as I came to know that Shreya has a crush on him. And now I am very happy that finally I and Shreya are on good terms again.

After few minutes, we reached her house. It was small but enough for this brother and sister. Shreya once told me that after their parents died, her brother became a parently figure for her. He used to work hard to provide her with a good education. She admired and loved him.

I had never met her brother but after hearing about him I had a huge respect for him. We entered the house, she called her brother but there was no response. It seemed like he was not at home. She tried calling him at his workplace but he was not there. She got tensed and I tried to calm her. Then there was a knock on the door. She opened it and hugged the person in front of her. 

The guy looked like he was in his early twenties. Tall, dark and chiseled face. He was wearing a black tank top and ripped jeans. It showed his biceps. He hugged her back. Shreya then introduced me to him.

"Ayesha, meet my brother, Karan." She smiled.

"Brother, she is my best friend from the school, Ayesha." She said introducing me to him.

We shook our hands. His hand felt coarse. He looked into my eyes and smirked. I got confused but I let it go.

She then turned to him and said, " Where were you? I tried calling you so many times. I even called at your workplace but they said you were not  there."

"I went for important work so I got delayed . I even went to your school to pick you  up but the watchman said you already left." he said in his deep voice.

"I texted you saying that Ayesha is going to drop me."

"Ah! my phone died. Anyways what would you guys like to have? Pizza?" He asked.

Shreya got excited and told me that Karan makes the best pizza in the town. She also told me about the various jobs that he does. He couldn't complete his education because he had to work to provide Shreya with a good education. 

We then started helping Karan in making the lunch. But a few times I caught Karan staring at me. It felt like his eyes were scanning me from down to up. It felt awkward but I ignored considering that I am being delusional.

When we were having pizza which actually tasted amazing , Karan's phone rang. He excused himself and got up from there. I and Shreya were watching a movie. It was then I had to use the washroom. I excused myself.