2. Mr. Popular

Chapter 2
Mr. Popular

Vihaan's P. O. V

"Wake up you lazy ass!" I felt the whole earth shaking in my dream as I heard a familiar voice calling me out and pushing me off the bed. 

"Ow! That hurt. Why are you here so early in the morning? " I groaned as I landed on my butt. I glared at Ansh as he was laughing at me. My heading throbbing as I relived last night so I headed straight for the bathroom. After I came out of the shower and got changed, I asked him "What exactly happened last night?"

"You serious? You don't remember?" His expression changed to being serious, "You were so wasted that I drove you and Ritika home." He paused and gave me a disappointing look. "After you reached home, your mom was waiting for you and she was concerned as you were drunk. Then you started talking nonsense to her about your dad and hers relation and how helpless she is and how she failed you as a mother."

"What!" I was shocked. He nodded helplessly "I tried stopping you but you were going on and on."

"Ansh, what am I supposed to do now? I pretty sure she is hurt and pissed at me right now." I said scratching my head. He hit me lightly in head which felt like thunder to my brain as I was still hungover from last night.

"I would be too pissed at you if I were her. Just go and talk to her. I am sure she will understand, after all she is your mother. She is in the kitchen preparing breakfast with Meera Aunty." he said patting on my shoulder. I nodded, and walked downstairs. I found her in the kitchen with Meera maa, our housekeeper. 

"Good morning mom!" I called her but she ignored me. I could see her eyes were swollen which meant she cried all night. I felt so bad and stupid at that moment. Moreover I was angry at myself for being a bad son to her. I am the reason behind her tears and I hate to admit that. 

"Ansh, I have made breakfast for you both. Take a seat and have it." she ordered, giving me the cold shoulder.

"Thanks Aunty. Oh my favorite omelet and sausages! Love it." he jumped straight to the dining table. I gave him a look for not supporting me and being such a jerk but then again; it's Ansh, a big foodie. I rolled my eyes and tried talking to my mom.

"Mom! Please hear me out. I didn't mean to behave like that last night." I said pleading hoping that she would forgive me.

"Then what did you mean Vihaan?" she asked me in a stern voice
I was speechless. What possible explanation I could have given? When I get drunk, I get too honest in expressing my feelings. I turned my eyes away from her in shame and guilt. She approached me, "Vihaan, dear you don't know what type of relation your dad and I share. He just does not express it about how much he cares for us but does loves us. We both love you. You are our only son, how could we not?"

"Really mom? He was not there for me when I needed him the most. His business was everything he ever cared about and wasn't your marriage a business proposal? Do you even love each other?" I took a breath as I tried to control my emotions. "He was not there when you needed him the most too. He always treated you as if you are no one and here you are defending him and his actions. Where is he now, huh? Let me guess, some trip abroad for a business deal. Am I right?" At this point, I lost my temper. Knowing that my mother loves him so much and will always defend him makes upset for her.

"Vihaan Oberoi!" she slapped me hard on my face. I guess I deserved but what I said was true. It sting me but I was more hurt of how helpless and unlucky my mother was to have a husband like my father and a son like me. So I ran away from there, like I always do. 

"Are you okay?" Ansh asked me as we were driving to the school.

"Is that even a question? No, I am not okay. I don't understand why she keeps on defending him? I just want her to live happily."