Chapter 6-Meeting the Friends

Start from the beginning

While making kheer I remembered the time when my mother, sister, and I made dessert together. I had always loved cooking. On Sundays, everyone would sit down on the lawn and have lunch together. Mom and I would make lunch. Father and my sister would set up the table. I miss those days.
Everything changed in a split second and everything came crashing down.

I felt tears in my eyes when I think about it. I wipe them with my hands. Now I should put this in the fridge before David comes. Just as I put the vessel in the fridge, David comes in.

"Please tell me, Ava. It's killing me. The aroma, I can't wait. It something sweet for sure."

"It's in the fridge. I won't let you know." David tried to open the fridge and I slapped his hand. He grins in disappointment.

Ding dong

David was trying to convince me to tell him what I made and I was firm. I will not say anything to him and then we heard the doorbell. He grunts and we walk to the door as David opened the door and I followed him to the gate.

"So you are the girl David keeps talking about." One of his friends said and guessing by the descriptions David gave me. I am assuming he is Austin.

I look at David. I cough and think about it. David talks about me. I don't know why but it made me happy that I cross his mind. Interesting...

He glares at him signaling him to stop and whispers something in his ear. "Stop."

"Let me introduce," David said as he was about to introduce them to me but I interrupted.

"Wait. You are Austin, that's Liam and you are Kathy."

"How do you know?" Liam says surprised because this was the first time we were meeting but I have heard a lot about them.

"David talks of you like he does talk about me to you." I winked at them and they laughed.

"Finally I have someone to plot against the boys. I mean I was enough but the more the merrier."
Kathy says and I laugh. Maybe it will not be that bad as I thought it might be. "I am glad. Please come in, don't wait outside."

"How sweet of you, Ava. I am sure David wants us out." David gives them a deathly stare again and invited them in.

"Will you stop? Let's sit." We all proceeded to the living room to sit. While we sat, Austin gave David a push so that he pushes me. Sweet. I chuckled at that.

"You can thank me later." He tries to whisper which was audible to all. We chose to ignore that comment and then we ordered pizza. We all talked about various things and it was fun.

It was way better than I expected it to be. It was nice to see everyone pulling David's leg. This was a new side of David's funny, carefree. He was so different now than he is in office and I was loving this side of him.

It's not like he is rude to me but he was something else. I was getting to know him more and the more I tried to stay away I got more attracted to him. I was attracted to him like an iron bar to a magnet.

I was falling for him. I was falling for his smile, his nature, and everything.

No, it wasn't a normal crush or like.

I was falling hard for him...

He was all I had in mind. He makes me smile every time his name pops up on my phone, he makes me laugh by saying the weirdest things, he has the perfect smile and it's the best thing ever. He was perfect to me, and he is making me fall for him deeper and deeper every time he texts me, looks at me, or just by being himself. I was falling for him.