♔ 6| Coincidentally ♔

The screen read; New York State of Mind Duet. "Wait isn't it Barry's turn again?" Kara asked hopefully as the screen counted down. "Nice try." Barry laughed, receiving a glare from Kara.

"Hi I'm Rachel Berry and I'll be singing New York State of mind-" She beamed. "Written by Billy Joel." Kara nervously said.

Alex eyes widened, "Wait is this your audition?!" She yelled excitedly. "Yeah both me and Rachel coincidentally happened to be singing it at the same time." Kara chuckled.

"Popularized by one Miss Barbara Streisand." Unique added. The music started. "Some folks like to get away, for a holiday from the neighborhood." Rachel sang.

"Wow your voice is really good!" Winn yelled. "Thank you, I'm on Broadway actually." She said. "What? You made it to Broadway! That was your dream!" Kara yelled excitedly. "Congrats, Rachel." Barry said genuinely.

"Hop a flight to Miami Beach, or Hollywood." She sang, mesmerizing the audience. "But I'm taking a Greyhound
On the Hudson River Line."

Finn wore a stupid grin when he heard that line. "Is that like a pun?" He asked, receiving scattered laughter.

"I'm in a new York State of mind." Rachel sung.

"You usually are." Santana said, staring at her nails. Rachel rolled her eyes, and pretended to ignore Santana's comment.

"Ooh, it was so easy living day by day," Kara sang.

The new directions, couldn't take their eyes off the screen as the remembered that moment.

Kara hid behind Barry, in embarrassment making him laugh. "Kara your such an amazing singer!" Alex gushed. "Yeah I agree." Mon-el said with a boyish grin, causing Kara's cheeks to turn pink.

"How come you didn't tell us?" Winn pouted.

As the new directions gave each other amused looks. Blaine shared a look with Tina, and she looked jealous.

Barry let out a laugh. "What was that look?" He grinned. "What look? I didn't see a look! I don't know what your saying!" Tina said in one breath, but the new directions laughed.

"Out of touch with the rhythm and blues." She sung. "But now I need a little give and take!"

"The New York times," Rachel sang.

Rachel smiled, "You have a great voice, no wonder you won the New Rachel." She complimented Kara, making the her smile.

"The daily news," Kara sung. "Oh, it comes down to reality and it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide." Rachel said, whilst Brody seemed rather impressed with her voice.

"My god, who is he?" Iris grinned playfully which Kara laughed at, Finn however didn't seem nearly as playful as the two girls. "An ass." He stated with an eye roll.

Santana chuckled, "Yeah i'm sure a lot of his customers weren't let down with it."

"I don't have any reasons" Rachel said. "I've left them all behind." Marley sang.

All teams were mesmerized by the amazing voices on the two girls. "That's my girl!" Mon-el grinned supportively, the brunette girl sunk into her seat at the small compliment, blushing like a mad man which didn't go unnoticed by the speedster.

Rachel was completely focused on her song as it reaches the chorus, "I'm in a New York state of-"

"Mind!" Marley sung whilst Mr.Shue nodded along with Artie obviously impressed by the younger girl.

The new directions fondly remembered that moment and those who were there remembered hearing about it from their peers.

"I'm just taking a greyhound" Marley said, "On the Hudson River-" Rachel had sung.

"Line!" The two said together now, their voices blending perfectly.

To Alex, impressed was an understatement she was completely enthralled by her sister and this hidden talent of hers. Blaine wolf-whistled loudly, "The new and the old but still iconic, Rachel Berry. Ladies and Gents."

"'Cause I'm in" Rachel Berry started, leaving her musical doppelganger to finish, "I'm in a New York"

"State. Of. Mind." The two sang the last bit together.

Kurt sighed, "Oh to be blessed with the musical talent you two hold together." Rachel snickered, her smile wide. "The Kurt Hummel, admitting he's not as musically talented as me? Pinch me." She said playfully.

He sent a glare her way which turned into a pout. "I said the both of you together..." He said with a frown.

"New York state" Marley had sung before joining forces with Rachel once again, " Of mind!"

The room applauded their performance. Cisco looked at Barry with a confused expression, "How are you two even in competition she's clearly superior." He said causing him to snort.

"Don't think I don't know." He mumbled under his breath with a small smile which the Kryptonian caught.