*CHAPTER ONE*

College is something we dream of throughout our school life. The idea of being independent without any worries intrigues us all. But we don't know the actual truth until we experience it. Colleges are depicted so stress-free and full of freedom in movies. Being an eighteen year old is the most special thing for everyone, but it isn't so for me because I live the worst life anyone can ever think of.

You might be wondering what's so bad about my life.  It's my father, actually. Yeah, my father. Sounds weird, right? My father is a drunkard and is literally drunk every time of the day. I don't even know how he is still living after consuming so much alcohol. Alcohol is said to damage the liver, right? I'm pretty sure that alcohol runs in his veins instead of blood. He is always violent and beats me up for no reason. I have bruises all over my body, thanks to my drunkard father.

I don't remember seeing my father in a normal state. His eyes are always bloodshot and he stinks worse than a garbage dump. Fortunately, he was a business tycoon in his early age and he had earned a lot of money, so much that I still use that money for paying my college fees and for the food. Obviously, he never knew that I used to steal the money from his locker to which I had the keys. He was always too drunk to notice his money disappearing. He would only use his money for buying alcohol. I was always really worried about the day when the money would finish. What will I do then?

As of now, I was doing my homework, putting headphones on my ears. Listening to music while doing homework was the habit I had inherited after my mother died and my father turned to his present self. I wasn't a nerd exactly but I always did my homework on time because it served me as a distraction from my father. He was always getting on my nerves.

Just as I was solving the final question, I heard the main door open. The sound was so loud that it could be heard even though I was listening to music at full volume. Of course, it was my father. No one else ever came into my home, not even my best friend, Navya.

I felt a knot in my stomach as I heard his footsteps ascending through the staircase. I quickly let go of my  headphones and headed towards my bathroom, thinking of hiding there. I knew there was no point in hiding since he would find me anyway and would beat me up but that doesn't mean I wouldn't defend myself.

I felt beads of sweat form on my forehead and my heart was thumping against my heart so loud that I feared he would hear it.

I heard my bedroom's door creak open.

'You can't hide away from me, you fucking cunt Come out, or else you're gonna regret it, Nandini' He growled as tears welled up in my eyes. I never knew why he despised me. Maybe he thought I was responsible for my mother's death but the truth was that I was as helpless as he was.

'Come on, Nandini. I know you're hiding in the bathroom there. Smart little girl you are, eh?' He growled as the strong smell of alcohol made its way into my nose.

He banged his hands against the bathroom's door as I started freaking out. He then kicked the door and it just broke off. Maybe it wasn't that strong enough. Also, not to forget that he was really strong for a drunkard.

I saw his bloodshot eyes looking at me with pure anger and hatred. He grabbed my hair from the back and banged my head into the wash basin. My forehead started bleeding. I was used to these pain so much that it now felt like a part of my own body.

'You fuckin' shit!' He roared as he kicked on my lower abdomen. I fell down at that instant. I was too weak to get up and run or defend myself. I remembered the day I tried to beat him back I regretted it. It was the worst day of my life, not that I had any good days.

He pulled me up again and slapped hard on my right cheek. The effect of that slap crept up to my ears. For a moment, I thought I had lost my hearing capacity. After beating me for some more time, which I don't want to explain, he finally left. When I made sure he had reached downstairs, I got up and locked my bedroom's door.

I decided to take a shower. My bathroom didn't have  a door now, thanks to my father. I undressed myself and stood under the shower. I looked at my own body. There was not a part on my body where I didn't have a bruise or a mark and that's the reason I always wore long and full-sleeves clothes.

After the shower, I came out of the bathroom and slipped into my pajamas. I should seriously consider moving out of this hell but I needed money for that. Not my father's money, of course. I needed to look for a job that will also serve as a distraction to me.

I thought about tomorrow. Going to college was so much better than being at my place. Also, I was dying to meet Navya.

I heard a faint music and then realised it must be from the neighbor's house. Maybe, they were having a party or something. I felt jealous about them, about their lifestyle. I wanted to have a life like that.

Will I ever get a normal life?

I thought and I don't know when sleep overtook me.

***

Hey guys, here is the first chapter. Hope you like it. Do checkout and give reviews accordingly.

Guys nxt update will be soon

Seeyou soon.

Till then astala Vista guys.

Precap-you all think what can happen

Hope you answer them

1)are you liking the story

2)what you think about this plot

3)Are you excited for future chapters

Do give your review on above

Thnk u for all your support

Love. Nikki