chapter thirty-five

Start from the beginning

" But Zee you gotta look at it this way. Toosii family name is their business. They have something to uphold and get going for generations and his pops would be happy if that nigga just gave all that shit. " He glanced at me then back at the road.

" Me? That's all I've known since a child. My pops was in it and I just wanted to be like him. But you see, once you're in there's no just " oh i'm done " to this shit Zee. You gotta earn your privilege to be out and I don't think our time is any time soon. " He finished.

" That doesn't change my opinion. I don't like it and I want y'all to stop. That's just that on that. " I said shrugging making Nick laugh.

" Don't laugh at me, make me feel weak. " I laughed, playfully pushing his arm.

I peeked in the backseat and saw Journee was asleep. She one tired ass baby for some reason.

" You just think you so damn tough dude. " He laughed again.

I rolled my eyes as we pulled into the prison parking lot. We went through the same routine that I always went through coming here.

Officer Nash spotted me and made her way to me quick as hell.

" Is this the bundle of joyyyy? " She smiled looking down at the car seat in my hand.

" Yes ma'am! "

" Oh my God, how have you been baby? " She asked hugging me.

" Fine. Taking it one day at a time. " I told her as she looked over at Nick who held a silly grin on his face.

" Who's this? " Officer Nash asked.

" Her ma- "

" My bestfriend. " I smiled cutting Nick off. He love to fucking play.

" You just love bringing us new people. Gone on back there, I know she ready to see that baby. "

" Alright I'll see you later. " I waved as we walked away.

" You so damn playful. " I told Nick, shaking my head.

" I don't know what you're talking about woman. " He smiled grabbing the car seat from me.

I saw the table my mama was sitting and made my way over. She smiled once she saw me, but her smile got even bigger once she saw that car seat.

" Zeee let me see my babyyyy. " She sung all excited.

I laughed as I took her car seat from Nick and got her out. We were in a private today so she had a little more freedom, thanks to Officer Nash.

" She's adorableee. " My mama smiled as she held her.

" You must be Nick. " My mama said looking at Nick.

" Shawty be talking about me? " He smiled rubbing his hands together looking at me. I gave him a look to act right. He just wanna act a fool any and everywhere.

" I'm sorry, yes ma'am I am. " He told her.

She laughed shaking her head. " Y'all dead wrong, but if y'all happy then do what y'all wanna do. " She said catching us both off guard.

Nick looked at me and I shrugged. I don't know what he wants me to say. It was the truth.

" Anywho Mr.Nick what you do for a living? "

" I work on cars. " Nick said making me laugh silently. My mama looked at Nick oddly as he smiled back at her.

" You don't look like you work on cars. Why you all that ice? " She said pointing to his wrists and neck.

" When you're the best at what you do, it pays off. " He replied.

" I like that you're keeping up with your lie. " She laughed at him.

" Why thank you. " I shook my head.

My mama a clown and Nick a clown too. I think they'll get along just fine.

A few hours later...

I got home to Kenn and Zoie in my house having their own little party together. They had cooked spaghetti, garlic bread, fried fish, corn and made a salad.

It was one of my favorite meals.

They said they came over to surprise me and cheer me up. I think they did just fine with that. Nick left because he had to handle some business with Nau'Jour's father.

Right now we're in my living room just talking about random things and eating brownies.

" I just think Corey is fineeee. " Zoie stretched as he talked about Corey, from Carmen and Corey.

" His ass just don't know how to damn talk. " Kenn added making us agree.

" Him or his bitch. " I added laughing.

" She be like " thorey thove me he'll never theat on me again. " Zoie mocked making me fall out.

" Yeah her ass staying for that check though. " Kenn said.

" Shidd I would too and I bet the dick is astronomical. " Zoie laughed.

This niggas some damn fools boy. I swear.

I picked up my phone seeing a notification from Instagram. I opened it and it was someone texting me.

paidforever.10: zee?

Something told me not to text the page back, but only people close to me call me Zee.

Me: who's this?

paidforever.10: tia... look i need you to meet me tomorrow. i really need your help.

Me: why would i do that?

paidforever.10: come on now zee.. i need you and yk i don't like begging ppl

Me: fine where and what time?

paidforever.10: waffle house off 3rd at 3.

I just read it and didn't reply. I think I should go, but them again I don't think it's the best idea. Hopefully she's honest about really needing me.