🧸not really stangers (sugawara)🧸

"Now departing, platform 7 for Tokyo." The announcements echoed loud and clear in the slightly empty train station.
Finally Y/n is leaving for Tokyo, the biggest city in Japan! It had been Y/n's dream to walk the crowded streets of Tokyo, see the tall buildings, try fancy city food... Living in the Miyagi Prefecture wasn't exciting for a high school student with little to no social life. No where to go, same few people, the same boring air. Y/n wanted more, to seek opportunities that they couldn't get here. Y/n had grab their bag and slung it over their shoulder, prepared to leave the place they called home. Now Y/n wasn't moving to Tokyo, they were just visiting because it was spring break, which means the volleyball spring high preliminaries were happening this week. Y/n loved to watch volleyball, even toss around the ball a bit, so when her school Aoba Johsai's male volleyball team would yell about it in the halls. It was only Y/n and what appeared to be another school waiting to board the small train. Trying to get a better look at their school jackets, Y/n was caught staring. "What are you looking at huh?" a tall man with a buzz cut had turned around looking straight at Y/n. "They probably saw my toned arms and fell in love~" A short little guy with dark hair and a little bleached piece cut in. just then an even taller guy shoved their heads down and apologized profusely, scolding the other two in the process. "I'm so sorry about them.." He dragged them by the backs of their collars to the train we were boarding. Y/n caught a glimpse of the backs of the jackets they wore. "k-karasuno.." Y/n slowly boarded the train, a few of the group lingered behind her. Y/n quickly turned around to see the two people she had been idolizing since their big come back in the miyagi prefecture qualifiers. The way the power duo brought in their famous quick attack, and everyone was always just in awe. Y/n couldn't get enough of the spikes and lucky saves. It was just so captivating how the team has worked so hard, from the name wingless crows to one of the best teams in the prefecture.
Y/n had stared down from door frame of the train, looking at the orange and black hair duo, who was accompanied by another with silver hair. "You guys are from Karasuno..?" Y/n asked tensely. "Yes we are-" The boy with silver hair was interrupted by the little orange haired boy, Hinata. Y/n knew most of the teams names for that was the team they studied the whole year. "You know who we are!?" Hinata beamed, Y/n could swear they saw sparkles in his eyes. "Of course! I'm actually a big fan... haha.." To this the three boys who stood (almost) eye level to the person in front of them practically exploded. Hinata and Kageyama both looked to each other talking about how they were so awesome and how 'famous' they were. The other boy tried to calm them down with a slight flustered blush tinted on his cheeks. But of course, the shortest teammate had over heard and called over the rest of the team. Him and buzz cut practically took all of the attention to themselves and begged for more praise. "It's lovely to see a supporter, but I think we should get seated so the conductor doesn't get mad.." The captain of the group who Y/n believed to be Daichi spoke. We all sat in compartments near each other, Hinata and Sugawara decided to sit with Y/n, enticed by the fan. "What's your name? Mines Hinata Shoyo, and this is Sugawara!" Hinata practically yelled as the train began to take off. "I'm Sen Y/n, but just call me Y/n.."
"Well Y/n, it's nice to meet you. But what are doing going to Tokyo?" Sugawara asked, engrossed in the latter. "Well I wanted to get out of our small town and see the city lights, but when I heard you guys were competing in the Spring High Preliminaries, all the more reason to go." Y/n was soft spoken, their words barely reaching above a whisper. Opposite of Hinata's outgoing personality, Y/n had a quiet and calm composure that Sugawara took an interest in. "I'm flattered we have fans cheering us on, it really feels good after all the hard work we have done.." Sugawara was beyond flattered, and quite flustered to say the least. "The first game I saw, you took Kageyama out and took his place as the setter and wow, not only did it take the other team by surprise, I was bewildered! It was such a nice switch up and your sets were just so well executed and then bwam!" Y/n's voice had picked up in pitch, signaling her interest in the topic. "I've never seen a team like yours before, each one of you have something so powerful and when you put them together, it's like you're unstoppable!!" By now, Y/n's voice was much louder then before, their voice wasn't as stable but it shook with admiration towards the elders, filling them with an overload of joy. "Do you play too Y/n?" Hinata's legs rocked back and forth as they hung from his seat. "I like to throw the ball around a bit, but I don't play on a team.." Y/n explained.

Y/n talked with Hinata about his spike and his baffling jumps, meanwhile Suga had stared at Y/n with a growing interest, the way their dimples showed with the slightest movement, the stray hairs that would fall into their eyes, the way the top of their nose moved ever so slightly when they talked. it was all so capturing and matched well with their honey toned voice. Call it fast, but Sugawara had already taken a liking to Y/n. Maybe out of curiosity, or interest, but Suga wants to be more than an idol to this specific stranger, while the latter wanted to be more than a fan. Half way through the ride Hinata had rushed out to probably throw up from nerves, which was quite amusing to Y/n. Who would expect the most energetic and playful one on the court would be so awkward and queasy before a game. But this let the other two have time for each other, which deep down a spark flashed in the pits of their stomachs. "So, where do you go to school Y/n?" Y/n nervously played with their fingers, knowing Aoba Johsai is not on the best of terms with Karasuno. "Aoba Johsai.." Suga sensed the tense vibe from Y/n, making him a little upset.

"Oh really? It's surprising that you're such a big fan of us..." Y/n could see how that wouldn't make much sense, I mean, who would cheer for another school? "Don't get me wrong, I like my schools team.. It's just, yours is so wahh!" Y/n tried to explain her admiration for the boys, which only increased Sugawara's interests. "I see, it's nice to have such a nice fan on our side!" Sugawara took bit of  Y/n's tone of voice change, how their voice rose with a tremble, how it fell quiet with a rumble.. Each little detail capturing his attention. "What do you do in your free time Y/n-chan?" He inquired. "Honestly I just study, watch movies... Sometimes I like to throw around a volley ball..." Y/n rubbed the back of their neck sheepishly. "You don't hang out with friends..?" Suga pressed further warily, not wanting to say something mean or insensitive. "HA! No, I guess I just haven't found the right crowd yet." Y/n surprisingly didn't take it the wrong way or take it as an insult. "Well I am sure you will find good friends soon, heck me and the team could be your friends!" Suga gave his purest smile, which Y/n gladly returned.

"Sugawara! We're here, hurry up we are cutting it close!" Daichi poked his head in and quickly left after yelling at Suga. "Awe, I was having a good time.." Suga pouted before grabbing his bag. "Good bye Y/n chan! It was nice meeting you!" But before he could leave, Y/n grabbed him by the sleeve and handed him a small folded piece of paper. "Bye Suga.." Y/n swiftly went around him, and off of the train. Suga stepped off the train with the rest of his friends, only to look around and see no sign of Y/n. "Hey wheres that Y/n kid?" Tanaka looked around with a scouting Nishinoya on his shoulders. "Left.." Suga began to walk with the rest of the team, looking at the paper before sliding it into his pocket.

On the bus ride to the game, the others were in their own world, while Suga sat in the back looking at a curtain something in his hands.

"I had fun, call me soon ;P xxx-xxxx-xxxx"

"They're keeper.." Scaring the shit out of Suga, Asahi had a little grin with a thumbs up.

"Y/n, what an interesting person."

"Yeah, you said it."

~~~~~~~~~

Y/N: "I guess,

Suga: "I guess,

"We're not really strangers."

~~~~~~~~~

HahAHAhAH not checking or editing cause im lazy and i've post poned this enough already :D) anyways see you later trashcans <3