We fell silent as the kettle finished boiling and the pizza was reheated.
"Do you want a coffee?" I asked as he came back with the pizza. "I can whip one up for you."
"Why not?" He replied, sliding the pizza over.

I grabbed a mug and made a coffee for him before passing it over and taking a sip out of my own mug.
We were quiet as we drank our coffee and I ate the few slices of warm pizza on the plate.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" Jay piped up once I had eaten the last of the pizza.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Did you-"
"(Y/n), there you are! I need some help with something!" Harumi interrupted as she walked into the kitchen.
"Oh, I..." I started but saw her narrow her eyes, so I nodded and drank the last of my coffee.
"Thanks for that." I thanked Jay with a grin as we walked out to where our shared room was.

Once we were in and Harumi checked that the coast was clear, she turned to me.
"You've got to tell the others that Snake Jaguar is one of the ninja." She instructed, crossing her arms. "Zane filmed the whole thing as he's a nindriod and now has infiltrated our base."

"I know, I was already on it." I replied, shifting into my Shifter guise. "I'll be in and out this time."
"You better." Harumi replied as I warped to my room back at the base.

I heard laughter coming from the main area so I decided to investigate, putting on my jacket as I did.

There was a large crowd seeming to be congratulating someone in the middle with laughing as well as the usual chatter.

"What's going on?" I asked as I pushed myself through the sea of goons.
"Ah, Shifter! Meet a potential new recruit!" Killow said, patting a man with white hair on the back. "Snake Jaguar! He helped Mr E escape from the ninja."
I got one look at him and already knew that was Zane, are all of these people idiots or what?

I narrowed my eyes and walked over to him, him meeting my gaze with an equal glare.
I then shifted to look like him and saw his eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh did he?" I asked, still disguised like him and looking at Killow. "Have you won the initiation race?"
"Initiation race?" Zane asked.
"That's how we get new recruits." I said nonchalantly before shifting into Killow and walking over to him to match his height.
"The Quiet One wants UV to stay behind." I whispered before shifting back to my usual look as Shifter.

"Well! Let's get this race underway then!" Killow announced as UV bounced into the room laughing.
"I can't wait!" She giggled.
"Um...I don't have a bike.." Zane piped up.
"Well, you can use Ultra Violet's then." Killow shrugged.

"What?! But I want to race too!" She cried glaring at Killow.
"Sorry, but The Quiet One wants you to stay behind." Killow told her and she nodded but rolled her eyes.

I looked over to Zane who seemed to catch onto what Killow had said but was walking over to UV's bike.
He seemed a little unsure as everyone as well as new candidates revved their engines.
UV unwrapped her bandanna and walked in front of the bikes, holding it out.
"Remember if you win, you become an honorary member of our group." She said, glaring daggers at Zane. "The initiation race is underway, ready, set, GO!"

She dropped the bandanna and everyone zoomed out to the streets, Zane having a couple of difficulties and falling behind but went out anyway.

UV grumbled as she picked up her bandanna and I realised I forgot to tell Killow who Snake Jaguar really was.
"Shit!" I exclaimed.
"What?"
"Snake Jaguar is actually Zane! You gotta tell Killow a.s.a.p." I informed her.

"How could you forget to tell him that?!" She cried, fumbling for her radio.
"Sorry, but gotta go." I said with a shrug, pulling off my jacket and warping to my room before finding myself back on the bounty.