37: Nightmare

It had been a week since the funeral and Jonah felt as if he could handle himself. Life at home was as normal as living with a baby could be. Natalie's family had visited the day previous and shared some memories of her with them. They were handling the situation fairly well considering how she died but no one could stop thinking about who it was. Jonah was obviously settled on Amber but the only person who remotely believed him was Buffy, and she barely believed it.

Cyrus and Jonah were just having a drink before they planned to head to bed with Harvey. He was on the floor playing with Charlie, he had become good friends with the dog which Cyrus and Jonah thought was really cute.

"Come on little buddy, let's get to bed." Jonah said picking Harvey up and putting him on his shoulders. He took him upstairs whilst Cyrus put Charlie in the lounge for the night. When he got upstairs, Harvey was fast asleep and Jonah was sat on the end of the bed.

"Damn he must've been tired." Cyrus smiled.

"He's had a long day, of course his days are full of playtime, eating and pooping but hey." Jonah replied. Cyrus laughed quietly and got into bed followed by Jonah.

"Goodnight babe." Jonah whispered.

"Goodnight, I love you." Cyrus whispered back.
_________________________

Jonah found himself in the hospital. The lights were dim and barely lit up the surroundings. His head darted from left to right until he heard an alarm go off. The lights turned to red and began flashing. Jonah ran aimlessly in the dark until he found a staircase. He stumbled up it and fell over on the third step before finding himself on the second level.

He came across a door with the number written on it. The writing was blurred though since it was a dream but Jonah didn't realise he was dreaming. He kicked the door open and saw Amber there with the pillow over Natalie's face.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER!" He screamed. Amber just laughed in reply and added more pressure. His friends ran in moments later.

"Guys come on!" He shouted and ran towards the bed before realising he was being restrained. He turned his head back to see everyone holding him back.

"What're you doing?" He screamed. No one answered his cries and instead held a tighter grip.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" He repeated over and over. Natalie wasn't moving and Amber came up to Jonah.

"I'll see you real soon," she winked.

"YOUR GONNA DIE!" He screamed.
_________________________

Jonah sat up sweating a crying. He tried to stay quiet but Cyrus woke up and noticed him.

"What's wrong?" Cyrus asked in a whisper before pulling Harvey to the side of the bed and going next to Jonah. Somehow Harvey was able to stay asleep the whole time.

"What happened." Cyrus cuddled into Jonah.

"A nightmare?" He added.

"Yes, she keeps coming up." Jonah replied.

"Who, Natalie or Amber?"

"Both. But mostly Amber." Jonah admitted.

"I want her to be gone from my life, everyone's life."

"I want her dead." He finished.

"Jonah, that's really serious, you're not really thinking about going through with it. Are you?" Cyrus asked.

"I don't know, Cyrus I just don't know what to do." Jonah sobbed.

"Just- promise me that you won't blame her until we find out more." Cyrus pleaded for his boyfriend.

"I'll try." He replied. But he knew that it was impossible. He hated her. She tried to kill his child and she got away with it.

"Good, I want you to try and forget her as best as you can. Okay?"

"Okay." Jonah said and pulled Cyrus into a hug.

Shorter chapter today since this was kind of a filler chapter